What Happened This Week?
• We have been enjoying our ABC countdown.
• During reading, the kids listened to the Egyptian Cinderella, the Appalachian Cinderella, and the Irish Cinderella.
• In our class, we are front loading upcoming math concepts. The students have been introduced to polygons, area/ perimeter, and fractions. New math groups will be formed next week.
• Our writing lessons have focused on building exciting sentences. Please ask your child about Regal Sentences.
• Since our chicks have gone to their new home, we started learning about new life cycles. In groups, the learned about the butterfly and frog life cycle.
• Kateryna did a great job as Top Gardener.
• Mrs. Slavish was our Mystery Reader.
What About Next Week?
• Domitila is the next Cinderella that we will be reading. At the end of the week, we will do a Reader's Theater. Stay tuned to hear more about this!
• The kids will complete a Poem for Two Voices. The poems will illustrate the life cycle of a frog vs. the butterfly.
• 5/10- Sunglasses Day and Early Release Day
• 5/13- PJ Day
• We will have MAP testing next Monday and next Wednesday. Please remind your child to take their time and try their best.