Four Days To Glory
A book about wrestling and wrestlers from iowa
What this book is really about
Wrestled at Linn Mar. He was called "The hammer". He liked to make his dad happy by taking Advocare products.
Wrestled for North Linn. He also played linebacker for the football team.
The book " Four Days To Glory".
Gold medal Olympic wrestler. Dan Gable Museum is located in Waterloo. My brother has been there and also has an autograph picture of him and Dan together.
Linn Mar head coach. My brother wrestled against his son last week. Doug is still the coach. (My brother won the match.)
Head coach of Iowa Hawkeyes wrestling program. His brother also coaches with him. "The Brands Brothers" are known throughout the country as the toughest brothers in the college wrestling world.
Author Above is Mark Kreidler
This book is written 1st person
- Jay says, "I was ready to go tonight."-pg 5-paradox
- Jay says, "Believe in actions, not words."pg5-hyberbole
- "No one can make a move for Jay he makes his own". said his coach-pg 49-sensory detail
- "Dans the only one who talked about a loss" said Leclares mom-pg183-pathos
- "Now be smart." said Dan-pg 174-tone
- "Its freezing and now he has to be wheeled out in an ambulance." pg. 78 says a woman in the stands-tone
- "This sport is a heart wrenching sport" said Dan Gable pg 106-oxymoron
- "This stuff becomes tough stuff." said Zaleksy pg 102-hyberbole
- "Iowa is the only place I will think about going." said Jay pg. 85-personification???
- "You need to be in my head!" says Jay pg.51-oxymoron
In this book the theme is developed by interviewing Borschel and LeClere based on their experience and the coaches they wrestled for in high school.
- "Believe in actions not words." by Jay. pg 5. When people talk and say negative words about you, you show them its not true. Especially in wrestling because many times people will say you can't beat someone and then you do.
- "This sport is a heart wrenching sport."by Dan Gable. pg. 106. Wrestling is tough on your emotional heart. when you win its great and feels good and when you lose it hurts you and it can hurt your team.
- "Jay is a very supersticious guy." said Streicher. pg 164. When you have success you remember what type of music you were listening too, what singlet you wore, what socks you had on etc. Its like being lucky.
- "You have to wrestle smarter and harder each time." said Ben pg. 179. Each time you wrestle remember what mistakes you made in the past, and learn from them. Work hard as often as you can and give 100% of yourself.
- "The more you know about it, the less there is to worry about it." Says Dan Gable pg. 138. The more you study yourself through video or coaches, you have less to think about and not fear yourself. Similar to the saying, "knowledge is power."
Text to self-I can relate to this book because I wrestled for a few years and my brother has always wrestled. I am not as committed to a sport like them. Reminds me of conversations at my home.
Text to text-I normally read fiction books. I don't really like sports. This is my first autobiography.