Timberwolf Times, October 2019
Front Office Reminders
- All visitors to the building will need a valid form of ID.
- Students should bring their lunch with them to school or go through our lunch line for a school lunch. We will not be able to interupt instruction or lunch procedures to deliver lunches to students.
- Our Front Office doors open at 8 a.m. For students attending early start, they will enter the building at the early start entrance.
Attendance, Tardies, Early Check-outs
Instruction begins at 8:50 a.m. If your child arrives after this time they will be marked tardy. Excessive tardies may result in lunch detention or after school detention to give students time to make up missed assignments. If students do not arrive by 10:00 a.m. they will be marked absent. Please remember if your child has a doctor's note it should be turned in to the front office.
Our instructional day ends at 3:50 p.m. Students who leave early miss valuable instructional time. We ask that parents/guardians make every attempt to schedule appointments on days off from school. If students must leave school early, please know they may need to complete missed assignments by arriving early to school or during lunch.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the school or your child's teacher.
Mark Your Calendars!
- Oct. 1-7 Hearing and Vision Screenings for all 5th grade students
- Oct. 3: Open House 5-6:30 p.m.
- Oct. 8: 6th Science DCC1 Assessment
- Oct. 10: 5th Reading CA1 Assessment; 5th Grade Family Night 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Oct. 11: Kona Ice Day ($3); Early Release at 12:45 p.m.; Fine Arts/PE Stay and Play 4-6:30 p.m.
- Oct. 14: No School for Students and Staff
- Oct. 16: Scoliosis Screensings for all 5th grade girls
- Oct. 18: 5th Science DCC1 Assessment
- Oct. 24: Newcomer Parent Meeting 5:30-6:15 p.m.
- Oct. 25: Deadline for Free and Reduced Lunch Applications-contact the school for questions
- Oct. 26: Healthy Kids Festival at Travis Intermediate
Nominations for Gifted and Talented Testing
Receive Important Notifications
Conroe ISD is in the process of switching emergency notification platforms used to communicate with parents and staff. This change requires an opt-in to the new system to continue receiving text messages. If you would like to receive SMS (text message) notifications on your mobile device, please text "Y" to 67587.
Failure to opt-in by could result in not receiving timely or emergency text messages from Conroe ISD or your child’s campus.
For more information, please visit https://www.conroeisd.net/department/communications/schoolmessenger/.
Conroe ISD Bond Referendum
Conroe ISD Nov. 5 Bond Referendum: No Tax Rate Increase
The November 5th CISD Bond Referendum includes projects to address major renovation needs
at campuses across the District. They include HVAC and roof replacements at schools across our high school feeder zones as well as
- phase 2 of the Conroe High School Master Plan that will combine all six buildings into
- one and reduce the over 100 entrances and
- an overhaul to the plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems at Oak Ridge High
To view the full list of campus renovations projects and learn more about the November 2019
Bond Election, please visit www.conroeisd.net/bond or visit our Facebook page at