AIS Friday Flash
Friday, September 24, 2021
Fall Room Parents Needed
Becoming a Room Parent is a great way to be involved with other AIS parents while supporting your child(ren)'s teachers and the school. Here is the presentation from the Room Parent coffee. Thanks to all of you who have signed up so far. We still have a few empty Fall semester slots and a full slate for Spring semester, so if you are in the following grades, please consider volunteering.
- Fall GS2 Room Parent
- Middle School Room Parent
If you have any questions, reach out to the Parent Teacher Organization or our Room Parent Coordinator, Ashley Wigley. Be on the lookout for more information from the PTO regarding next steps as a Room Parent and/or make sure to attend the upcoming PTO meeting on Tuesday for more information.
École des Loisirs: Un Grand Merci !
Merci ! Thank you to all the families who signed-up for École des Loisirs book subscriptions through the school. Thanks to your commitment to French literacy, we organized over 80 subscriptions through AIS. In recognition of our hard work, EDL will be donating an amazing 64 new French titles to our AIS library! We hope that our excellent AIS readers enjoy their new books over the coming months. Bonne lecture !
Some parents have inquired about email addresses for classmates. If parents have elected to share their contact information, you may access this from your Family Portal following these steps.
- Login to your ParentWeb account
- Open up the menu on the left under School,
- Look under Directory,
- Then to the right, you will see a directory of AIS families.
- You may search by name or filter by grade to find contact information.
Another popular inquiry is how we recognize student birthdays this year. Please reach out to your child(ren)'s teaching team to ask how they want to best honor this special day.
Board Retreat - Sat., 9/25
The AIS Governing Board of Directors will have their annual retreat virtually on Saturday, September 25th. All other board meetings include an open session where our community members are invited and encouraged to attend, however, our Annual Retreat is closed to the public. We invite you to mark your calendar for future meetings, learn more about our board members, or review our past minutes under the About/Board Governance section of our website.
Parent-Teacher Organization General Meeting - Tue., 9/28
All families of AIS are encouraged to attend the first PTO meeting of the year virtually on Tuesday, September 28th at 5:30 pm. Here is the agenda for your review and please note it will include voting on the PTO Executive Team. Currently, the slate of officers is: President: Nikl Burke, Vice-President: OPEN, Treasurer: Mike Cook, Secretary: Hasha Herath. If you are interested in serving/including your name on the ballot, please reach out to the PTO.
Medical Forms Due-Thur., 9/30
Please be reminded that as per Texas law, all wellness check forms and immunization records are due by September 30, 2021. There is no exception to this requirement. Students who do not have the required documentation on file will be excluded from school until appropriate documentation is submitted.
- Wellness Check Form: A student wellness check must be completed every year, without exception. The wellness check form must indicate the date of the exam (i.e., not simply the date the form was signed) and wellness checks must have taken place within the last calendar year. If a wellness check is scheduled to take place after the previous wellness check has expired, please inform the school in writing (email@example.com) of the upcoming wellness check date.
- Immunization records: All vaccine requirements are listed on our school’s website. This information includes which vaccines are required, the documentation that must be on file, and information about exemptions, if appropriate. Texas Administrative Code §97.66(a) requires our school to exclude students are not in compliance with the vaccine requirements.
We thank you for your support to ensure that your children’s records comply with the laws of the State of Texas. If you have any questions about these requirements, please do not hesitate to contact Jacques at your convenience.
Register for Fall Break Camp by Thur., 9/30
During our Fall Break, there is no school, but AIS will offer 2 limited half-day camps. Our campers will Journey to Wonderland to explore their own curiosity as they follow the Cheshire Cat on a whimsical scavenger hunt, learn to tell time with the white rabbit, design a fantastical hat, play croquet, and much more, culminating in a fun tea party at the end of the week. Both camps are $165 for the week.
- Our first camp is for MS & GS students, from 9 am - 12 pm daily with an optional early drop-off from 8 am - 9 am for $50/wk. No after-camp care is available, so campers must be picked up by noon daily. This camp is full!
- Our second camp is for students in CP - CE2 from 1pm to 4pm. No after-camp care is available, so campers must be picked up by 4pm daily. There are still spots for our afternoon camp for cycle 2 students. Register here by 9/30. We do have a minimum for the camp to happen, so reach out to Mr. Jhino if you have any additional questions.
No School/Staff In-Service - Fri., 10/1
The school will be closed on Friday, October 1st to facilitate a staff in-service day. We hope you enjoy the long weekend before our Fall Break. Thank you in advance to the PTO who will generously donate lunch for our staff!
Enjoy an Informed, Prepared, and Safe Fall Break!
As you plan your Fall Break, please remember to go also plan for any post-travel quarantine and testing as indicated in Jacques’ Head of School eCommuniqué from September 23rd. We all have an important role to play in keeping each other safe and keeping the door of our school open for students. Thank you for your commitment to everyone’s health, safety, and wellbeing. If you have any questions regarding your travel plans, remember that you can reach out to Jacques by email or telephone to receive additional guidance.
We Need Your Feedback! Be Part of AIS's Next Strategic Plan
With our current strategic plan coming to an end in 2021, the Strategic Committee of the AIS Board of Directors is seeking community input as it plans for the next big steps in AIS’s future. Please share your thoughts—no matter how brief or how long—through this open-ended survey. Responses may be submitted in English, French, or Spanish. We truly value the input of all our community members and wish to thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts, hopes, and dreams for the future of our community!
Save the dates
Mark these important upcoming dates on your calendars.
- 9/25 AIS Board Retreat
- 9/28 AIS PTO General Meeting
- 9/30 AIS Medical Forms Due
- 10/1 No School/Staff In-Service
- 10/4-10/8 Fall Break/Fall Camp
- 10/12 Middle School Night
- 10/14 PTO Coffee
- 10/15 Middle School Shadow Day
- 10/25 Progress Reports Sent
- 10/28 Class Halloween Celebrations
- 10/28 1/2 Day of School/1/2 Day PTCs
- 10/29 No School/Parent-Teacher Conferences