JPS Week Ahead for Parents
Week of April 15 - 19, 2019
Tuesday, April 15 - Day 4
Hot Lunch: cheese pizza
Gr. 6 - 8 music
Wednesday, April 16 - Day 5
- Country Fair meeting - 6 p.m. - French Room
Thursday, April 17 - Day 1
- Spirit Day: Jersey Day!
- Junior girls' b-ball game vs Perth Rd PS (home)
Friday, April 18 - Holiday!
- enjoy this long weekend!
April 22 - holiday
April 23 - Hot lunch: pepperoni pizza
April 24 - Gr. 7 immunizations (2nd round)
April 24 - Junior girls' b-ball game vs Perth Rd PS (away)
April 25 - Junior girls' b-ball game vs Glenburnie PS (home)
April 25 - Gould Lake (Gr. 1/2, 6/7)
April 26 - Hot lunch: spaghetti
April 30 - Hot lunch: cheese pizza (please do not order if you are in Mrs. Palmer's class, Mr. Gallagher's class or Mrs. Bocking's class)
April 30 - field trip - Gregg LaRock (Palmer, Gallagher, Bocking)
May 1 - Cafe Francais
May 6 - 10 - Mental Health Awareness Week
May 8 - Gr. 8 transition day @ LSS
May 14 - Welcome to Kindergarten open house (4:30 - 5:30)
May 17 - PA Day
May 20 - holiday
May 21 - Queen's Sports Day: Gr. 7/8, 6/7, 5/6
May 21 - K - Gr. 4/5 - Marathon Club
May 25 - JPS Country Fair
May 28 - 30 - Gr. 3 & 6 EQAO
May 31 - Jump Rope for Heart
June 4 - Regional Track and Field Meet
June 7, 14, 21 - Flex Fridays for Gr. 4 - 8 students
June 20 - Gr. 8 grad trip
June 25 - Gr. 8 Grad
June 29 - PA Day
Our Open House for new Kindergarten students is on May 14th 4:30-5:30
A Few Reminders...
- please ensure our bus drop off lane stays clear in the mornings and at the end of the school day - parents/guardians can park in the lot or on the road
- please make sure end-of-day arrangements are made with your child's teacher (via a note or the agenda) and that your child knows how he/she is going home. We are finding that we are losing instructional time the last half hour of the day with having to disrupt classes to pull students out or call in with pick up information. Students are learning right up to 3:35 and if parents/guardians can wait to pick up until then, we'd appreciate it.
- if you are picking up your child(ren) at the end of the day, please ensure that they are picked up at 3:35. We don't have supervision after school.