For the parents and patrons of the Fulton School District
December 11, 2015
A message from the Superintendent
Dear Families and Patrons,
A significant component of the annual district review is the Audit of district finances and the financial statement. I am pleased to announce the District has received another unqualified audit (meaning no concerns) without recommendations. The Audit results reflect appropriate financial management by the Board of Education and Administration.
The 2014-2015 Audit is available for your review on the web site http://www.fulton58.org/pages/uploaded_files/014129AuditFY15.pdf . Obviously, a tremendous amount of information is available. However, I find the following information to be beneficial:
· Management Discussion and Analysis, pages 4-10, reflects the Administration report of the school year.
· A combined statement of Revenues and expenses for all Governmental Funds is located on page 14. This page is also reported to all patrons via the Fulton Sun. Additionally each fund is reported separately following the combined statement.
· Debt Service Fund Results, page 49 reflects that one year of debt payments are held in reserve pursuant to the Missouri Auditors recommendation..
· All funds and all revenue for Governmental Funds are summarized on page 51.
· Expenditures by Object for Governmental Funds are summarized on page 52.
· Transportation expenditures are summarized on page 53.
· ‘No prior year or current year audit findings’ is reported on pages 62 & 63.
· The Schedule of Selected Statistics beginning page 64 includes various Missouri required report items.
As your Superintendent, I am extremely pleased with the staff work and audit results. An unqualified audit is an indicator of excellent Board of Education Leadership and effective management practices as confirmed by an independent firm.
Questions concerning the audit or district may be addressed to me at any time. I can be reached at 573-590-8000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for sending great kids for us to work with!
Jacque A. Cowherd, Ed.D.
Social Media Speaker for Parents
FMS Principal, Beth Houf, Receives Honor
Fulton Middle School Principal, Beth Houf, has been selected as a 2015-16 Missouri Distinguished Principal honoree. This honor brings Mrs. Houf well deserved recognition. By promoting excellent leadership, quality education and professional growth, this award celebrates the profession and exemplifies the outstanding achievements as a school principal.
MAESP participates in the National Association of Elementary Schools (NAESP) National Distinguished Principals program that recognizes outstanding elementary and middle levels principals from across the nation. In Missouri, each of the MAESP Regional Networks has the opportunity to select a Missouri Distinguished Principal Honoree. These honorees submit formal application to MAESP and one will be selected to represent MAESP as the Missouri National Distinguished Principal, which will be announced on Monday, March 14.
Congratulations to Mrs. Houf!
Bryan Abbott, Director of Transportation, watches and studies the winter weather patterns so that FPS can make the best decisions possible when it comes to canceling school for inclement weather. According to Mr. Abbott, our weather patterns are in an El Nino and one of the strongest in a long time. For the Central United States, this means a lot of precipitation and above normal temperatures. Even though the temperatures are supposed to be above normal this winter, January and February could be below freezing which gives the potential for more than normal snow and ice.
As always, the Fulton Public Schools Transportation Department has been working hard to get the information regarding snow routes ready to go prior to the first snow event. You can access the snow route information from our website at http://www.fulton58.org/vnews/display.v/ART/51c310d9c8f7c
Here are some additional points on snow routes as we approach the winter season:
- Snow routes will be implemented once the main roads are deemed impassable.
- Snow routes may be needed due to significant accumulation where crews are unable to clear bus turn-arounds, cul-de-sacs, and other treacherous areas.
- Buses may be as much as 15 minutes early or late to any bus stop. Please dress students appropriately for the weather in preparation for longer than normal wait times.
- When snow routes are running, they will run for both AM and PM routes.
- You will receive a call and/or text from FPS regarding school cancelation or the running of snow routes. This information will also be posted on the website at www.fulton58.org, and on the FPS Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Fulton-Public-Schools-298183414812/ and recorded on the school information line--573-590-8014.
- Please log into your Parent Portal if you need to update your email address or phone number to ensure you receive important information from Fulton Public Schools.
As always, if you have questions please call the Transportation office at 573-590-8020 or Central Office at 573-590-8000.
Please Update Important Information
Please take time to access your Parent Portal and update any information that has changed. FPS will use the email address and phone numbers that are in the system for any communication regarding school cancelations due to inclement weather as well as other important information that needs to be shared. If FPS doesn't have the correct information in the system, you may not receive important emails, calls, and/or text messages.
If you need assistance accessing your Parent Portal, please call the building of attendance or 590-8000. Thank you for taking the time to tend to this important matter!
Saturday, December 12-Chamber Singers Concert 4-5:30 p.m. Church of St. Mary, the Virgin, Aldermanbury
Monday, December 14-FMS Fine Arts Night 6 p.m.
Tuesday, December 15-Holiday Band Concert 7 p.m. Roger D. Davis Gymnasium, FHS
Friday, December 18-No School (Teacher Professional Development)
Monday, December 21-Friday, January 1-No School Winter Break
Monday, January 4-Classes Resume
Wednesday, January 13-Board of Education Meeting 7 p.m. FHS Library
Friday, January 15-No School (Teacher Professional Development)
Monday, January 18-No School Martin Luther King, Jr. Day