By: Raeha Berbert
Repair your Accounts
1. Get your credit reports and read over them to make sure they are any deceptive transactions.
2. The information in your credit report is used to evaluate your applications for credit, insurance, employment, and renting a home, so it’s important that the information is accurate and up-to-date. Check all this information, including your:
- Social Security number
3. Get copies of documents used by the thief: ask for copies of any document that the theif has used to open new accounts.
Report Loss or Theft Immediately
1. Follow up with letters or emails:
report the date or time you notice your card was missing
2. Check your card statement carefully:
for transactions you didn't make, report these transactions as quickly as possible. Make sure to send letter to address providing bill errors.