Our Focus this Month....
Paws On Path
- Name 6 essentials for a hike.
- What is the buddy system? Why do we use it? What do you do if you get separated?
- Choose appropriate clothing for a hike.
- Before a hike recite the outdoor code.
- Go on a mile hike. Find interesting things. Discuss how you respected wildlife.
Community Service Project: CHoose 1
Dear Friends of The Scarlett Fund,
Special Birthday Card Request
I received a special request from Caleb who many of you have made cards for over the last 2 years. Caleb asked if we could surprise his brother by sending him birthday cards for his 10th birthday.
Due to COVID-19, I asked his mother if my friends could send cards directly to his house and she said yes! (For privacy purposes, I usually gather the cards and then send them all together.). The more cards the better but I want to be respectful of the Guawan's address being out in cyberspace so please do not forward except to your family or close friends.
For clarification, MATTHEW IS NOT SICK! His brother, Caleb, is battling cancer.
How it works:
- Make a birthday card for Matthew
- Matthew is turning 10 years old
- He loves the color blue, basketball, Golden State Warriors, Steph Curry and Burgers
- Mail the card to arrive on or before May 13th.
Address: Matthew Gunawan
1706 Longwood Ct.
Goshen, IN 46526
Option #2: First Responders:
Option #3: Mail a Hug to someone you love or a first responder!
If you missed our zoom meeting on 4/21 Here is what we disussed!
Other things to try:
For our next zoom call we will be making armpit fudge! Next call 5/4 at 6:30pm
Here's what you need:
Armpit Fudge Ingredients
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
1 tablespoon butter
2 teaspoons cream cheese
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder