JCMS Parent Newsletter
May 2 - 6
- Medication at School - The Board recently adopted new policy that prohibits the school from sending medicine home with student unless a doctor’s note or Form 5330 F2 is completed granting permission for the student to transport medicine to and from school. The parent/guardian may come to the school and pick up any leftover medications before May 26, 2016. Any medication remaining at school after this date will be destroyed.
- Technology Club - has their last meeting of the year tonight.
- Teacher Appreciation Week - This week is Teacher Appreciation Week! Make sure to thank a teacher for all their hard work to help our students!
Goodwill Donation Drive - JCMS students will be participating in a Goodwill Donation Drive beginning on May 1, 2016 – May 18, 2016. All donations need to be taken to the Goodwill in North Vernon and the student needs to make sure they tell the Goodwill worker that they are donating in the name of their JCMS Homeroom teacher. There will be a pizza party for the homeroom that collects the most items at the North Vernon Goodwill location.
- JCMS Family Night - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5X2wXTZFLqSZllxQ3lHdmVhb1k/view?usp=sharing
- 8th Grade Dance - The 8th grade dance theme is “Paris Nights"! We will again be hosting a canned food drive to benefit the Wayside Inn. Homerooms will be collecting canned goods to help their King/Queen candidate couple collect the most canned goods so they can be crowned on the night of the dance. We are also asking that each 8th grade student donate 1 two liter of drink to be used at the dance. They can bring that anytime from now until the day of the dance.
- Attire Expectations for the 8th Grade Dance - JCMS boys may wear khaki pants or shorts and a collared shirt. JCMS girls may wear dresses that are no shorter than mid-thigh and no longer than mid-calf. They cannot wear dresses that are tight or extra form fitting.
- Parents for 8th Grade Dance - Parents of 8th graders are invited to come to the 8th grade dance planning meetings. The meetings will be held on Tuesdays beginning March 1st. The meetings will be at 6:00 p.m. in room 144.
Picking Up Your Student at the End of the Day - Please make sure that you are picking students up in the afternoon in the back of the building. Picking them up in the front lot is very dangerous with all of the bus traffic and then walkers as they leave after buses.
Snow Make-up Days -
Date Missed - Make-Up Date
January 11 - Monday, January 18 (MLK Day)
January 12 - Thursday May 19th
January 20 - Friday May 20th
Picking Students Up for Appointments - Make a doctors appointment for your student during the school day? No problem! - call ahead or write a note for your student to bring to the main office letting us know what time you will be here. By letting us know ahead of time, we are able to have your student in the main office ready to go by the time you arrive.
2015-2016 Yearbooks - Now on Sale!! Order forms are being mailed home or you can go to: ybpay.lifetouch.com and enter Yearbook ID Code: 12069116. Prices start at $25 for a yearbook.
- Comment Box - Please help make our school better. If you have feedback for us or a suggestion on how we would do something better, please click the following link and let us know. Be as detailed as possible in your suggestion so we are able to act upon it. http://goo.gl/forms/yUo6t4sp8X