I am Number Four
By: Pittacus Lore, Presentation by: Lexie Buhrandt
1) John Smith is now all unpacked and moved into is new house. He is starting to go to his new school where he doesn't like that much in the beginning of the story.
2) Mark James bullies John and when John goes on the hayride with Sarah, Sam, and Sahara's friend, Mark and his friends decide to pull a little prank. Mark and his friends start shoving them around in the haunted woods and a fight brakes out.Nobody gets injured, but John used his Legacies, his light hands, and the boys got confused. He told everyone is was flashlights and everyone believed him.
3) John falls in love with a girl named Sarah, and they both love each other.
4) John refused to leave and move to another state, because he loves Sarah and wasn't going to let her go. He didn't think the mogadorians knew where he was so he was going to stay and risk the chance. John wasn't going to let Sarah go.
5) Henri went to go check out one of the authors that wrote about mogadorians. Henri was suppose to be back around 3:00 but he never was. John was getting worried that Henri wasn't home, so John and Sam went to go and find him. When they got to the place that Henri was going, they found out that Henri was captured and they had to save him.
6) Henri tells John that they really need to leave Ohio. John still refuses and runs away. John runs all the way to the school where Sarah is. When he gets there he finds out that he has been trapped and all the the mogadorians have surrounded him and Sarah.
The author shows very powerful dialogue in the book I am Number Four. One scene that shows very powerful dialogue is when John will not leave Ohio. He screams at Henri and they're both arguing wether or not they should stay. The characters are John and Henri. This is important, because it shows that John loves Ohio and hates the feeling of moving once again. Another scene that shows dialogue is when Sarah and John are concerned about Henri, because he was really quiet over dinner. The characters in this scene are Sarah and John. This is important, because it shows that John and Sarah care about Henri a lot and they want to know what's going on in his head. This author shows how dialogue can be very powerful.
In the book I am Number Four, there are many examples of figuratve language. One example is at the part where John was fighting the mogadorians. The author wites, " Another clap of thunder, another shotgun blast." This is figurative language because you can really hear it in you're head and you can picture it in your head. I chose this example because it really shows imagery.
Another strong example is at the part where the author writes, " Excitement shoots through me." You can really tell how the human is feeling. In conclusion the author, Pittacus Lore, uses very good figurative language in the book I am Number Four .