SALAD RECIPES - ENJOY!
Arugula, Chicken and Walnut Salad
This salad is light on its feet instead of a heavy mayo based chicken salad with a hot vinaigrette to perk it up. Its easy to cook without the use of your oven for warm summer nights or great as a lunch served in.
1/2 bag arugula
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil; divided
1 lb. skinless organic chicken breast; cut into bite size pieces
1 cup red bell pepper; cut into strips
3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup walnut pieces
2 tsp. rosemary; chopped
Arrange arugula on a serving platter. Heat 2 Tbsp. of the olive oil in a large pan and sauté the chicken over Med-Hi heat until just cooked through, about 5 min. Add the bell pepper strips and sauté an additional 2 min until tender. Add the vinegar and sauté while scraping the bits of food off the bottom of the pan. Pour the contents over the arugula, set aside. In the same pan, heat the remaining EVOO and add the walnuts and rosemary. Sauté until fragrant, about 3 min, then pour over the chicken and serve!
Chopped Veggie Salad
This fresh salad can improvise ingredients based on what veggies you have available.
½ head Napa cabbage
3 Green onions, thinly sliced
2 Diced pre cooked beets (or steamed)
Handful of cherry tomatoes
½ can Garbanzo beans
Handful raw almonds, chopped
Shredded chicken for protein
Salt + pepper to taste
2 Tbsp. Apple cider vin
¼ cup Mayo
1 tsp. Mustard powder
1 Tbsp. Agave
¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
¼ cup Walnut oil
Salt + pepper to taste
- Bring a med saucepan of water to boil over med heat. Gently add the egg and reduce heat, let simmer for 2 minutes. 2. Drain and then run under cool water till cool enough to handle, peel egg and drain the white saving the yolk in the bowl of your blender. (Discard the white or save for breakfast omelets another morning). 3. Add the vin, mayo, mustard, agave, oils and salt + pepper. 4. Blend the dressing and set in refrigerator to chill. 5. In a large bowl combine shredded cabbage and remaining ingredients. 6. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat, season with salt + pepper to taste.
Salmon Salad with Raspberry Basil Dressing
Salmon is so healthy for you and this fresh salad is the perfect accompaniment for lunch or dinner.
2 Salmon filets (wild is best and frozen wild is better than fresh farmed!)
4 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO); divided
1Tbsp Lemon pepper
2 cups Spinach
1 Tomato chopped
Raspberry Basil Dressing:
1 cup Raspberries
3-4 Basil leaves
3 tsp. Apple cider vinegar
2 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
¼ cup Water
Salt + pepper to taste
- Preheat skillet to med heat. 2. Drizzle 2 tbsp. EVOO over salmon and sprinkle with lemon pepper 3. Cook salmon for about 7 min on ea. side or more till flakes easily with a fork. 4. Remove from heat and let stand 3- 5 min while you prep salad and dressing. 5. Blend Raspberries, basil, vin, remaining EVOO, water and salt + pepper till well combined. 6. In a bowl combine spinach, tomato and avocado then toss with dressing. 7. Serve on individual plates with salmon on top and a squeeze of lemon
Asian Slaw Salad
This light and refreshing salad can be a meal for lunch or a side for dinner!
¼ head Napa cabbage, sliced thin
2 Carrots, sliced in very thin strips
1 Large beet raw, peeled and sliced thin
2 Green onions, sliced
Knob of ginger, peeled and finely sliced
Handful chopped pistachios
Asian Vinaigrette Dressing:
¼ cup Apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp. Sesame oil
Salt + pepper
- In large bowl toss cabbage, carrots, beet, green onion, ginger, jalapeno and cilantro and pistachios. 2. Add shredded chicken. 3. Whisk together vin, sesame oil and salt + pepper. 4. Mix dressing into salad and enjoy!
This salad is a fresh version of comfort food for us! See homemade salsa recipe for a fresh addition!
Large tomato; chopped
4 Green onions; divided
2 Tbsp. Black olives
3 Avocados; divided
Garlic clove; minced
½ cup Apple cider vinegar
Salt + Pepper
- Blend 2 avo, 2 green onions, garlic, lime juice, vinegar, salt + pepper till well mixed, you may add water in small amounts while blending to smooth. 2. Toss top 8 ingredients in dressing. 3. Add fresh salsa if you’d like as well
This simple dish can be doctored up with your own variation of veggies depending on what you like or have leftover! Its great chilled or room temperature so make a big pot and divide it in some mason jars for the week or make it a family meal.
1 cup quinoa (soaked for 2 min, then strained)
vegetable broth (or water)
1 can garbanzo beans (drained)
handful of basil thinly sliced
handful of Italian parsley chopped
½ cucumber diced
1/2 bell pepper diced (I like yellow for the color)
handful cherry tomatoes halved
2 green onions sliced thinly
1 jalapeno (or less for less heat)
one juiced lemon
4 Tbsp. Avocado Oil
½ Avocado sliced
S+P to taste
Follow instructions to cook quinoa (using veg broth or water), then refrigerate 30 min to chill. Add ingredients and toss to combine. Refrigerate another 30 min or overnight up to 3 days. Garnish with avocado sliced on top.
Heirloom Tomato Salad
This simple salad was inspired by a trip up the coast! I couldn’t wait to get home and recreate my own version!! Tip: For a perfectly moist chicken breast, pound thin before grilling.
2 chicken breasts (thinly pounded)
1 small head of Romaine lettuce
2 heirloom tomatoes; sliced
1/2 cup pecans (I like to roast mine tossed in 2 tblsp chopped rosemary and ½ tsp agave)
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
1 whole lemon
- Grill up your thinly pounded chicken to perfection, usually about 5 min per side depending on the heat, be sure the juices run clear when you slice open. 2. Tear the romaine leaves and layer on plates with shredded chicken. 3. Slice heirloom tomatoes in thick slices and add to chicken and lettuce. 4. Mix in nuts and top with sliced avocado. 5. Squeeze lemon into vinegar (be careful to avoid seeds). 6. Whisk in oil, pouring slowly. 7. Add pinch of salt and pepper and whisk till thick and emulsified. 8. Pour over salad and enjoy!
Simple Salmon Salad
Salmon is such a healthy food for you body and mind! This simple salad incorporates salmon and other heart healthy ingredients leaving your tastebuds very happy as well!!
2 Salmon filets
4 cups spinach
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
½ cucumber chopped
1/2 avocado sliced
2 lemons; divided
2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
4 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
S+P to taste
- Preheat oven to 400. 2. Cook salmon seasoned with salt + pepper on foil lined cookie sheet for 12 min. Mix together spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, pistachios. 3. Whisk together Vin, lemon juice, EVOO and salt + pepper to taste 4. Portion salad onto individual plates and drizzle with dressing 5. Top salad with salmon and extra squeeze of lemon.
My Favorite Salad
This salad is so filling even the macho-est of men can be sufficiently filled on it! It is definitely a pleaser for supper and has the perfect combination of roasted chicken and other goodies. The bulk of ingredients really make this salad!
½ cup thinly sliced Napa cabbage
6 leaves romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
handful cherry tomatoes, cut in half
3 green onions, thinly sliced
2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
1 cup shredded chicken
Garlic Dressing: (Can be used up to 2 weeks, so save remainder for next week!)
¼ cup almond milk
1 cup mayo – (see simple mayo recipe under sauces and dressings)
1/8 tsp. crushed garlic
½ tsp. paprika
½ tsp. mustard powder
1 tsp agave
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
- Blend dressing in blender till well combined, then chill in refrigerator. 2. Cook turkey Bacon and crumble. 3. Prepare produce. Toss fresh salad ingredients with dressing till lightly coated 4. Add shredded chicken and enjoy!
Chicken and Fresh Vegetable Salad
This is a healthy take on a classic Italian style salad!! The dressing can be prepared ahead of time and kept for up to 2 weeks!!
6 leaves romaine lettuce
½ cup thinly sliced Napa cabbage
8 pieces thinly sliced basil
½ can garbanzo beans rinsed
4 oz. deli sliced rotisserie chicken
1 tomato chopped
½ cup chopped cauliflower
½ chopped cucumber
2 Tbsp. sliced black olives
1 tsp. finely chopped oregano
1 tsp. finely chopped Italian parsely
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
½ tsp. agave
½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
- Combine fresh herbs, vin, lemon juice, agave, EVOO and salt + pepper. 2. Toss dressing with thinly sliced romaine, cabbage, garbanzo beans, chicken, tomato, cauliflower, cucumber and olives.
Avocado, Dill, and Beet Salad
4 medium cooked beets (I steam mine)
4 Tbsp fresh organic lemon (1 large lemon)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1/2 tsp sea salt 2 Tbsp fresh chopped dill (or basil)
Chop your beets into cubes and put in a bowl. Cube your avocado into similar sized pieces and place on top of the beets. Add the rest of your ingredients on top and stir just enough to mix. Taste and adjust to taste. If you over-mix, your avocado will turn as red as the beets and get mushy so be gentle!
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
1 cup cooked quinoa
1 cup cooked garbanzo beans, drained
½ cup red onion, chopped
½ cup sun dried tomatoes, rehydrated and chopped
½ cup fresh basil, chopped
May also add fresh spinach, kale or parsley
Mix together and enjoy. You can also add any other vegetables to this one.