What is a Surgical Technician?
So, you want to become a Surgical Technician? well, to begin with; a Surgical Technicians job is to prepare the the equipment or patients before an operation and the Surgical Technician must make sure all equipment is functional. A surgical Technician is also under the watchful eye of the surgeon.
In order to become a Surgical Technician one must knowledge. The schooling:
- associate degree in Surgical Technology
- High School diploma
- 2 years of Community College
Some of the Duties /Responsibilities of a Surgical Technician include:
- Prepare the Operation Room
- Sterilize equipment
- Test and repair equipment if needed
- Prepare patients for the operation
- Work with the surgeon in the operation room
- Stock operation room
Challenges of a Surgical Technician include:
- The operation
- Make sure to do a thorough clean of all instruments to prevent surgery site infection
- You are always watched by the main surgeon
- Standing for long hours
- hand tools quickly to the surgen
- Must be able to stand blood and organs
The total amount of money earned a year by a Surgical Technician is $20.84 an hour with a total of $43,350 a year.
The possibility for growth in this program from 2014-2036 is 15%
In my opinion i think that this career would fit me because I enjoy working with my hands. When I took biology I really enjoyed learning about all of the systems of the human body and learning about the diseases. Another reason that I feel I would be able to be a surgical Technician because I am always up for a challenge and want to learn more about human anatomy.