Monday Morning Memo: ECMS
Week #11 October 12-October 16
Words of Inspiration...
TEACH, LEARN, and be GREAT this week!
5- Day Forecast
- NO SCHOOL: Enjoy your time away from work
- RELAX, RELATE, and RELEASE
- Posting window closes at 11:59pm
Tuesday, October 13
- New Schedules for students
- See email from Mr. Wilkerson for updated supervision posts
- Attendance meeting at 1:00pm: Principal's Conference Room
Wednesday, October 14
- 9:00am: Principals' Meeting at Central Office
- CANCELED: Faculty meeting (due to the home Football playoff game)
Thursday, October 15
- TENTATIVE faculty meeting during planning periods. The meeting is dependent upon the information shared in the principals' meeting. I will send confirmation or cancelation out on Wednesday afternoon)
- SGA Pretests
- ECHS Homecoming Parade in Senoia at 4:30. Students from ECMS will participate
- Cookie Dough Pick up
- Game Truck for top cookie dough sellers
Friday, October 16
- Happy Friday!
- PURPLE and GOLD Day: (Jeans Day)
- Homecoming at ECHS
To Do List/ Reminders
- CLASS PROFILES: After having students in your class for nine weeks, identify students you did not identify using SLDS as needing academic interventions. List those students on your CLASS PROFILES.
- Have you updated your account on the State Health Benefits website? Remember, you must have an updated account prior to meeting with the benefits counselor: https://myshbpga.adp.com/shbp/
- Check out the link for Open Enrollment at ECMS: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2rX1b635qyva3BSSHk5bnJSMjQ
- HOMEROOM TEACHERS: October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month. Please make a copy of your homeroom roster and have students initial that they have viewed the 2015-2016 cyber training video. For students who have not viewed the video, please show the video at the following link: http://www.cowetaschools.org/index.php/departments/technology-services/260-cyber-safety. Turn roster with initials into Ms. Sweeney by October 15th.
TEACHING and LEARNING at ECMS...
Great job to the entire staff on the job embedded professional learning day. Thank you to all EC Experts who presented.
Ms. Huffer's EC Expert session
Best Practices in Literacy
Ms. Booth's EC Expert session
CCSS STEM Recognition
Mr. Miller's EC Expert session
Student Goal Setting
Milestones Resource Page: https://www.smore.com/p9ez4 (thanks Jessica Slaton)
Georgia Milestones Achievement Level Descriptors:
Study resources from the GADOE: http://www.gadoe.org/Curriculum-Instruction-and-Assessment/Assessment/Pages/EOG-Study-Resource-Guides.aspx
General Information about Milestones Testing this year: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1JQ1xiuZ6pD9bi9VC_7mRBMhVhkhn5KczMwFOlpai3IY/edit#slide=id.p4
October Birthdays: Happy Birthday to YOU!
17- Ms. Tillison
18- Mr. Berrios
21- Ms. Hicks
28- Ms. Gordon
28- Ms. DuCharme
31- Coach Smith