Ross Round Up
Engage. Empower. Educate. Every Day.
November 17, 2023
Hi Ross Families.
We're thankful for so much at Ross this week that we're going to let the pictures below speak for us. Thank you to all who sent food for the food drive, for the parent volunteers for lunch clubs and for the ISBA Convention presentation, and to our staff who made learning happen this week right before break.
We love our students, staff, and families and hope you have an amazing Thanksgiving Break.
4th Grade Growth Award: Hayden
Hayden was nominated by his classroom teacher for working hard at home and school on Reading comprehension. He grew by 45 points in Istation!
5th Grade Growth Award: Rosie
Rosie was nominated by two of her teachers for working very hard to master all Math concepts. She grew 51 points on her I-Ready growth monitor!
CAST Staff and Student Support Team celebrates staff birthdays
4th Graders Present at ISBA Convention
CAST Service Team collects 772 food items this week
Families sent in 772 food items for the food drive this week. They have been counted and delived to the Ross Community Pantry. The winning 4th grade class was Mrs. Gambill. The winning 5th grade class was Mrs. Hunter. Honorable mentions go to Mrs. Marshall's and Mrs. Angle's classes. Thank you!
- Monday, Nov. 20-Friday, Nov. 24--Thanksgiving Break!
- Monday, Nov. 27--Missoula Children's Theater Auditions at Ross Elementary School starting at 4:00 pm
- Friday, Dec. 1--Magic Lunch Club and School Store Lunch Club
- Friday, Dec. 8--Popcorn Friday with popcorn donated by Regal Cinemas
- Thursday, Dec. 14--Lego Lunch Club
- Thursday, Dec. 14--Domino's Pizza Dough Night--order Domino's and Ross and Indian Creek get to keep 5% of all money made
- Thursday, Dec. 14, 3:45-4:45 pm--PTA Meeting at Indian Creek Elementary
- Thursday, Dec. 14, 5:00-5:30 pm--Ross Parent Advisory Committee at the Ross Library
- Friday, Dec. 15--Friendship Bracelet Lunch Club and School Store Club
- Tuesday, Dec. 19, 9:30-10:00 am--School-wide Christmas Carol Sing-along in the Ross Gym--feel free to join us
- Wednesday, Dec. 20-Wednesday, Jan. 3--Christmas Break! Teacher in-service day on Jan. 3.
- Thursday, Jan. 4--Welcome back, students!
After School Pick Up Notes
Our goal for pick up is to get kids safely off campus and to families at the end of the day. Thanks for helping us keep kids safe!
Here's the timeline for end of day:
- 3:30 pm: The pick up bell rings for students being picked up in the car line. We release those students 5 minutes earlier than the walkers or pick ups on the road for safety reasons--we want to have most of the cars through the line before walkers are trying to navigate cars as they walk near the road.
- 3:35 pm: The walker and bus line bell rings for those who are walking to their cars not in the pick up line and those who are riding the bus.
Please call the office to let us know if your student is going home a different way than usual by 2:00 pm. We will deliver a note to them before the end of the day to let them and the teacher know.
Who are we at Ross?
Each day at Ross we will:
Engage. Empower. Educate.
Our dream is to:
Ignite a passion for lifelong learning and personal growth so students will be successful in college, career, and life.
Our school values are:
We treat others with dignity and respect. We are ethical and humble in our actions. We are COMPASSIONATE.
We hold tight to our convictions. Decisions are made to make the lives of others better. We are LEADERS.
We are stronger and better when we work together. We are a part of a beautiful and diverse COMMUNITY.
We are bold, we take risks, we are flexible and willing to step out of our comfort zone. We are INNOVATIVE.