Bertram Family Connection
April 4th, 2021
- April 6th: 4th Grade STAAR Writing Test
- April 9th: 5th Grade Choice Sheets for Middle School Electives Due
- April 9th: End of the 5th 6 Weeks Grading Period
- April 12th: Student Holiday/Staff Development
- April 12th-23rd: PreK and Kinder Registration Opens in Skyward
- April 15th: Report Cards Released in Skyward
- April 19th: Early Voting Begins
- Saturday, May 1st: Election Day for Bond 2021
Early Voting Begins April 19th
Please check out the district Bond Webpage for full details on projects supported by the BOnd including a new classroom building at Bertram Elementary, enclosed hallways at Bertram, updated technology and school safety features at all campuses.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Bond, please reach out to me at email@example.com or 512-355-2111. I am happy to help!
Face Covering Reminder
The BCISD school board has revised some face covering procedures including allowing students who are outside to remove their masks when socially distanced.
The BCISD 2021-2022 school calendar can be accessed here. Be sure to mark your calendars!
PreK & Kindergarten Registration (April 12th-April 23rd)
Bertram will offer small group tours to families new to Bertram on Tuesdays April 13th, April 20th, and April 27th at 3:45pm. Tours are by appointment and will only be available to families who have completed their registration.
To prepare start gathering the following documents:
- Current proof of residency
- Current immunization records
- Certified copy of your child’s birth certificate or another form of legal identification (Kindergarten students must be 5 years old by September 1st, PreK students must be 4 years old by September 1st)
- Social Security card
Proof of Residency Information Required
- Parent/Guardian driver’s license
- Current utility bill showing name, current address and date
- Rental agreement or lease (if applicable)
- If the student is living with a parent in another person's residence and therefore cannot provide proof of residency in the parent's name, the parent and owner of the residence will need to complete a Residency Affidavit Form available at the Burnet CISD Central Office (208 E. Brier Street). Both parties will need to provide a form of identification and the owner of the residence must provide proof of residency document mentioned above.
Immunization and Enrollment
- Pre-K, Kindergarten, and students from out of state must present an up-to-date immunization record before the student is allowed to attend.
- Students who transfer from another Texas public school may provisionally enroll and have 30 days to provide a current shot record to the school. After 30 days the student may not attend without up-to-date immunizations or documentation that shows progression towards receiving required immunizations.
- The 30 day rule also applies to homeless students.
- With the exception of transfers students or homeless students, all students must present current immunization records to attend school.
- Child must be 4 years of age on or before September 1 and a resident of Burnet CISD
- Meet immunization requirements
- And meet at least one of the following conditions:
- Child is unable to speak and comprehend the English language, or
- Child is economically disadvantaged and is eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program (this will be verified after July 1st), or
- Child is homeless, or
- Child is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing, or
- Child of active duty member of armed forces, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, or child of an armed forces member injured, killed or missing in action while on active duty, or
- Child of person eligible for the Star of Texas Award.
If you have any questions, please call the school (512-355-2111) and ask to speak with our registrar, Ms. Teresa.
Registration for 1st-5th grades will open in May. Details will be provided in upcoming newsletters.
Change of Transportation Reminder
firstname.lastname@example.org by 1:30pm the day of the change. This will ensure that your child receives a transportation change note in their classroom from the office. For student safety, dismissal is coordinated by the office.
Unfortunately, voicemails with the office or the teacher may not be received in time to ensure that your child is dismissed correctly. We appreciate your help!
Moving Between Remote and In-Person Learning
If you are learning remotely and would like your child to move back to in-person learning, please call the office one week before you would like your child to return to school. This allows teachers time to adjust furniture and set up dividers if needed.
Click here to log into Skyward Family Access to view your student's grades, attendance, progress reports, and report cards.
Daily In-Person Checklist
- Complete AT HOME self screening before getting on the bus or coming to school.
- Face coverings for all bus riders, and students in grades 1st-5th. Face coverings are strongly encouraged for PreK and Kinder. Remember wearing a face mask reduces your child's chance of having to quarantine for close contact.
- Bring your backpack including water bottle, snack, and lunchbox (if bringing lunch).
Visits to the school are by appointment. We will attempt to address situations by phone or Google Meet. In-person appointments can be scheduled if the situation requires. When visiting campus, please be prepared to show a valid photo ID.
If you do visit the school, face coverings are required for all adults at all times. This includes the office foyer area.
Due to COVID-19, we will not have any on campus volunteers at this time.
We are not accepting deliveries including forgotten lunches (hot meal will be provided by the cafeteria), birthday treats, and food orders.
If you need to make an occasional change to your child's transportation home, please use the Bertram Transportation Change email: email@example.com . Transportation changes must be emailed in no later than 1:30pm. Teachers will not be able to accept transportation changes.
Be familiar with the Arrival & Dismissal Map.
Complete an application for FREE or REDUCED priced lunch here. You can also add money to your child's lunch account by logging here.
Days marked in blue are Staff & Student Holiday OR Make-Up Day for Staff & Students. Students should be available to attend school. This applies to both in-person and remote learners.
Bertram Elementary School
- 7:15am Student Drop Off/ Breakfast
- 7:30am Office Opens by Appointment Only - Please call ahead
- 7:40am School Begins
- 7:45am Students arriving after this time are marked tardy
- 9:00am Students not in attendance are marked absent
- 1:30pm Any transportation changes DUE, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2:30pm All Early Checkouts must be complete - Remember to bring your picture ID to complete early check out
- 3:25pm Student Dismissal
- 3:45pm Office/School Closes