Summit Middle School
Library and Technology News - Student Edition
Students and Parents,
March Book Madness was a great event for our students to participate in. Every book in the March Madness bracket has been checked out and some books have a waiting list of students ready to read it.
The Scholastic Book Fair will be in our library from April 1st through April 9th. Students will be bringing home book flyers and everyone has access to the online book flyer and book fair information on Summit's website.
I will also be sending out emails soon to students who haven't turned in their late books. Books have been marked lost after they have not been turned in for three months. If you find your book, please turn it in and the fine will be taken off your account.
Grace Ellis and I have completed adding the final touches to our circulation desk area. It looks fabulous! The students have been very complimentary of the new look.
Scholastic Book Fair - April 1st-9th
April Book Recommendations
Summit Teachers' Book Recommendations!
Students, make sure you come see the book recommendations from Ms. Anderson,
Mrs. Galvin, Mr. Durrill, Mrs. Williams & Mrs. Greenfeather.
Top 10 Summit Library Books from the Past 30 Days
- Best Friends by Shannon Hale
- The Legend of Zelda. Twilight Princess 1 by Akira Himekawa
- New Kid by Jerry Kraft
- 24 Hours in Nowhere by Dusti Bowling
- Focused by Allison Gerber
- Dork diaries: tales from a not-so-popular party girl by Rachel Renee Russell
- Guts by Raina Telgemeier
- Wild Bird by Wendelin Van Draanan
- The Agony House by Cherie Priest
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid The Meltdown by Jeff Kinney
- Don't forget to charge your Chromebook every night.
- Power off your Chromebook at least once a week.
- A quick fix for many Chromebook problems is to just remove the user and Power Off.
- Close tabs that you are not using; the more tabs that are open--the slower your Chromebook will be.
- 6th graders: Charge your chromebooks using the port on the right side.
- If you are not at school and your Chromebook is broken, please go to Tech Central at 1216 S. Rankin St., Edmond. Hours of Operation are 8 am - 4pm, Monday-Friday.
Summit library media director
Feel free to email or call me anytime you have questions or concerns about tech issues, our library, books, databases or Chromebooks.