Burleson Elementary News
October 29, 2020
2020-2021 Student Leadership Team
A NOTE FROM MRS. COFFMAN
We are excited to introduce you to our first ever student leadership team. Our mayor, Riggin Day, interviewed each person that applied and helped to choose the team. We are excited to begin working together to bring about improvements to our already wonderful campus!
We always have exciting events going on for our students here in elementary! Last week, the FFA officers held an Ag Talk where they explained the importance of ag, shared information on what all ag offers to students, and brought over show animals for the students to pet. The animals were a hit! The students enjoyed petting and learning about pigs, sheep, goats, and cows. Thank you to our wonderful FFA students for organizing this for our students!
Today, the PTO shared candy with our students due to the cancellation of the community trunk or treat. Thank you to all those that provided candy to our students! The students were dressed up and excited to receive all that sugar!
Thank you for your support! We love your children and are blessed to educate each and every one of them!
A few reminders:
- Tomorrow please make sure your children's clothes can receive color on them from the pep-rally! The color may stain, and we want to make sure that you are aware!
- Per dress code, shorts may not be worn beginning Tuesday of next week.
- Practice letter and sound recognition. Letter for this week is Ww.
- Focus on number recognition up to number 11.
- Library book is due back on Tuesday.
- Please write number of words read on reading log.
- Check snack list.
- Bring water bottle every day.
Thank you for all your support! Mrs. A 😊
1. Continue studying sight words, building sentences, and counting to 100.
2. Read every night!
3. Bring your library book every day.
4. Water only in bottles only with a lid that doesn't leak!
Thank you for all you do. Have a safe and happy Halloween!
- NO spelling test this week. We will test on the words I sent next Friday.
- Study the green sight words for a test next Friday.
- Practice +4 math facts.
- Bring your library book to school every day.
- Remember to bring a water bottle each day, water only.
- Don't forget the time change this weekend!
1. Practice math facts! Next week, we will be working on +10. We will work through +12s and then review for a week before moving on to subtraction facts.
2. Study the spelling words for a test next Friday.
3. Bring your library book to school every day.
4. Remember to bring a water bottle each day(water only).
Thank you for all that you do!
- No spelling test tomorrow! It will be moved to next week.
- Turn in Book It Calendars for October by Tuesday.
- No math fact test tomorrow,
- Practice math facts every night
- Next week, I will be sending home math fact practice page on Tuesdays they will be due every Friday.
Wow, what a long weekend we just had! I hope everyone had fun playing in the snow!
- This week 4th graders are continuing to follow the writing process to write opinion essays.
- Our spelling words this week are again words with Digraphs – test next Wednesday!
- In Social Studies we are continuing to learn about the early European explorers. Today the students also took part in a nationwide “mock election!”
- As always… Read, read, read – 4th grade has lost its first-place position for the most words read in the school and we want it back!!
Please remember to send your child with a clean mask every day.
Please message me on Dojo with any questions or concerns.
- No spelling test this week!!!
- Please be reading EVERY night!!!! We have gotten ahead of 4th grade in our words read! Let's keep it up.
- Water bottles and clean masks need to come every day
- Have a safe and Happy Halloween!!!
- Study multiplication math facts every night.
- Quiz on Friday for 2s, 3s, and 4s.
PEP RALLY THEME
CHEERLEADER'S WILL BE SELLING TATTOO'S TOMORROW MORNING AT 7:15 OUTSIDE OF THE ELEMENTARY BUILDING
BRONCO FOOTBALL NEWS
Friday, October 30th
COME ON OUT AND CHEER THE BRONCOS!!
5OTH DAY OF SCHOOL
Dress in 50's attire.
WEDNESDAY SNACK SHACK
Prices will range from $2.00 - $4.00