Adding BookLynx and OverDrive eBooks to Your Collection
A Must Read for Anyone Using eBooks
https://guides.rilink.org/ebooks2018/essentials to find out how to work around this.
If you have OverDrive titles in your catalog and your library is not a member of the Rhode Island School Shared OverDrive Collection for Kids and Schools (RISOCKS), please contact Dorothy Frechette at email@example.com.
For information about joining RISOCKS, please see our web site at https://guides.rilink.org/discounts/OverDrive .
TIME TO MOVE TO DESTINY DISCOVER?
Please consider moving to Destiny Discover for students and teachers if you have not already done so.
- They will only see the eBooks that are available to them.
- They can check out eBooks in Destiny Discover. Ebooks can be opened in the Destiny Classic interface, but they cannot be checked out.
An update to the checkout procedure for eBooks is expected this month. Watch the RILINK list for information concerning the change.
No further development is planned for the Classic or Quest interfaces.
DESTINY 16.5 UPDATES
Where to Find the Latest Destiny Update Information
The information on the most recent changes to Destiny is provided on the RILINK home page. Please check this page regularly for the most current updates as Follett will continue to make updates on an ongoing basis.
Library of Rhode Island Certification - Coming Soon!
RILINK libraries that participate in ILL are also LORI members. Member libraries are certified annually through OLIS.
OLIS administers two levels of LORI annual certifications to member libraries -- Full Certification and Annual Update. LORI libraries are required to undergo the Full Certification once every three years. In the interim two years, libraries complete a scaled-down Annual Update to fulfill the certification requirement. Not sure whether your library is due for Full Certification or Annual Update? Check the LORI Certification Schedule.
Remember to check your school’s ILL email account regularly for information about the upcoming LORI Certification process. Contact Karen Shore if you have questions or need assistance with the process.
RILINK Schools- a HTTPS Update & Site Spotlight
- All widgets in Assets are being reviewed and updated by Karen and Sharon.
- Widgets such that are subscription-based must be updated by the individual account holder.
- Work will begin on issues related to Rich Text this week and continue into next week.
- All widgets related to RILINK subscriptions to CultureGrams and Exploring Nature will be updated and mapped to make future updates to them more efficient. We will notify you when this begins.
- All widgets related to AskRI.org ( World Book, EBSCO Discovery Service -EDS- Search Box) will also be updated and mapped to make future updates more efficient. We will notify you when this begins.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
Once https is required
- any content added through the content type Media/Widget or embedded in Rich Text still using http will not work.
- links out to non-secure sites will work but will cause your site to be identified as nonsecure.
Remember to notify us soon as possible when encountering issues. Our goal is to provide secure sites for students and other users to access.
Each month a site from the LibGuides Community will be highlighted to share the ways this web platform is being used. This month we highlight the Salem School District in Salem, New Hampshire.
BRIGHTLY- RICH IN READING RESOURCES
Visit this website the brainchild of bookworms and parents and launched in conjunction with Penguin Random House. This site is rich in resources and activities for all ages.
EDTECH GRANT OPPORTUNITY
Consider applying for an EdTech grant at http://bit.ly/edutechgrant. The next deadline to apply is Jan. 20th. The winner will receive $500 to use towards purchasing EdTech from their store.
Mary Ledford, the December 2018 recipient, will receive two MakeDo ToolSet 360 kits (see https://www.eduporium.com ) from EdTech. To get ready for Reading Month this March, her students will be using their makerspace time in February to design and build "food trucks" that showcase a set of books that fit their "menu."