Service Learning Day!
at the Western PA Humane Society on Friday, January 22nd
Service Learning at the Western PA Humane Society
Friday, Jan. 22nd, 11am-1pm
Western Pennsylvania Humane Society, Western Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA, 15233 United States
Donations!! This is a free event, but we are asking for everyone to bring an unopened bag of dry dog/cat food. Please make sure the food is "Made in the USA". Thanks!! This is going to be an awesome day together!!
Please note that if you cannot attend our service learning day with us you are welcome to drop off the food between now and January 21st at our West Regional Office (470 Mall Circle, Monroeville, PA 15146). I will pick up the food on Jan. 22nd and take it with me to the Humane Society. Thanks again in advance!!
- Students will be provided with a service learning experience helping animals in their community
- Students will receive a tour of the Western PA Humane Society
- Students will make enrichment toys for animals out of recycled materials at the shelter to help them stay engaged, healthier, and happier!
- Students will donate their time, bring food for the animals, and learn about the need of service learning.
Please contact hosting FSC, Amy Markle with any questions. Email: email@example.com and Cell Number during outings: 610-331-3732
Reminders at all School Events:
- An adult chaperone must stay on-site for all PA Virtual events.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- All PA Virtual events are smoke-free.
- Pets should never be brought to PA Virtual events.
- To limit the spread of possible flu, please do not attend a PA Virtual event if you have had a fever within 24 hours of the event.
- In consideration of our students with allergies, please refrain from bringing balloons or food containing nut products.