Best Technology Newsletter
Technology News, Updates, and Ideas
News You Need To Know
Best Technology Checkout Protocol
Staff, please follow the protocol outlined here when you need to check out a laptop, iPad, or the projector cart for instructional purposes. Please keep in mind that when you check out equipment from a teacher’s classroom, that is one less device in students’ hands that day.
- Email Ms. Merwald at least two days prior to you needing the technology equipment explaining what equipment you are requesting, when you need it, what you will be using it for, and if you require any assistance with setup.
- Ms. Merwald will notify you via email where to check out your equipment on the day you are requesting.
- On the day of, go to the classroom where you will be checking out the equipment, ask for the keys from the classroom teacher, and sign out for the items you are taking in the binder attached to the cart. If the teacher is not in the classroom at the time, find Ms. Merwald to get extra keys.
- Return the items you checked out to the cart by the end of the day. Unless you have approval from Ms. Merwald, you may not keep the laptop or iPad in your room for more than the one day that you checked it out. If you need the item(s) for more than one day, you will need to check it out and return it each day.
- If you need to check out an iPad or laptop to take to a district meeting, email Ms. Merwald at least a week beforehand. You will need to fill out a form that needs to be signed by you, Ms. Merwald, and Ms. Canales before you can remove the item from campus.
Saving Energy Over Break
- SHUT DOWN all computers and laptops.
- TURN OFF all monitors.
- Make sure laptops are plugged into their chargers, and leave the carts plugged in.
- POWER OFF all iPads. Make sure the iPads are plugged into their chargers, and leave the carts plugged in.
- Store i-Question iPad tubs in your locked closets.
Please make sure you are taking care of our campus headphones by teaching students how to use them responsibly AND monitoring students when using them. We have had to replace so many headphones this year and we are running out of money to do so.
DonorsChoose for iPad Cases!
Please consider giving to our DonorsChoose project for iPad cases for 5 classrooms! http://goo.gl/70HuXM
New Apps Coming to an iPad Near YOU!
The district is working on a new platform for updating the iPads. As soon as that work is finished (most likely January), all of the campus iPads will be updated with IStation, Imagine Learning, i-Ready, and the MimioMobile app.