The Weekly Connection
Updates from the Principal's Office - April 24th, 2022
Message from Mrs. Jones
It is hard to believe we have only 30 school days left in the 2021-22 school year! As we look to the end of the school year and all that it brings, please note the following:
- SBAC, AP, and IB testing take place over the next three weeks.
- Prom tickets are on sale! Stop by the ASB window to purchase.
- Finals for 9th-11th grade students will take place on Monday and Tuesday, June 6th and 7th. These are minimum days. Please see the bell schedule document linked in the newsletter for specifics.
- Senior finals will take place during the week of May 31st. Senior Checkout will take place on Thursday and Friday, June 2nd and 3rd.
- Summer School Applications are now available in the counseling office, and were sent via Parent Portal last week. If your students needs to attend summer school, please take a look at the courses offered and complete the application! These can be submitted to the counseling office or scanned and sent to counselors via email.
Information for the Week
- Smarter Balanced Testing continues this week as juniors take the math portions of the assessment. Again, this is an opportunity for Fallbrook High School to Show What We Know! Please encourage your student to get a good night's sleep, eat a healthy breakfast, and be ON TIME each day to each class! Note: Students will continue to be on a block schedule Tuesday - Friday this week to accommodate testing. Periods 1/3/5 will meet on Tuesday/Thursday and Periods 2/4/6 will meet on Wednesday/Friday. ALL periods will meet on Monday.
- Senior Parents: Please be on the lookout for information this week regarding graduation and senior check-out requirements- students will receive printed information to bring home, and digital copies will be sent to senior families via dial-out. Also, see below for an opportunity to purchase yard signs celebrating your senior through our PTSA's fundraiser!
One last housekeeping item: parents, please remind your students that water guns, Nerf guns, or any other type of toy weapon are not allowed on campus. Bringing these items to campus may lead to discipline, so let's leave them at home and enjoy a safe and positive campus environment as we close out the school year.
Let's make this a great week, Warriors!
Fallbrook High School Warriors are:
Productive & Healthy Individuals who understand preventive physical and mental health measures, including proper diet, nutrition, exercise, risk avoidance, and stress reduction.
Responsible Leaders who navigate complex life and work environments in the globally competitive information age.
Innovative Thinkers who exhibit a range of functional and critical thinking skills in the technology and media-driven environment of the 21st century.
Determined Learners who plan and conduct research, manage projects, solve problems, and make informed decisions using appropriate tools and resources.
Effective Communicators & Collaborators who use digital media and environments to communicate and work collaboratively, including at a distance, to support individual learning and contribute to the learning of others.
Monday, April 25th is a REGULAR START DAY
Mark your calendar for these upcoming dates as well:
Math SBAC Testing Begins Tuesday, April 26th!
Note: We will be on a ODD/EVEN BLOCK schedule Tuesday - Friday
for the week of April 26-29
(No change to start & end of the school day)
Monday, May 2nd is a REGULAR START DAY (AP/IB Testing Week)
Monday, May 9th is a REGULAR START DAY (AP/IB Testing Week)
Monday, May 16th is a LATE START DAY
Monday, May 23rd is a REGULAR START DAY
Friday, May 27th & Monday, May 30th - NO SCHOOL
June 6th-7th - FINAL EXAMS (See Bell Schedules for Adjusted Times)
Looking for more information about what's happening on our campus? Click the links below!
Transition to College Event - Offered by GearUp
Wednesday, April 27th, 6-7pm
This is an online event.
Students - you're invited to attend an online workshop on understanding the "Transition to College," offered through our partnership with GearUp and Palomar College!
Please view the flyer above for additional information. Clicking on the flyer will take you to a registration link, or you may click HERE to register for the presentation.
Tuesday, April 26th, 7:30am to Friday, April 29th, 3pm
This is an online event.
Monday, May 2nd, 7:30am to Friday, May 13th, 3pm
This is an online event.
Links You May Need
Reminders for a Healthy School Year
Please remember the following:
If your student is not feeling well, please keep them home and contact the health office for next steps.
Students should wash hands regularly. Hand-washing stations are located throughout campus.
If you have any questions, please review Covid-19 information on our website, or reach out to our health offices at (760) 723-6300 x3106 (English) or (760) 723-6300 x3108 (Spanish) or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fallbrook High School Website - Covid-19 FAQs
COVID-19 K-12 Decision Trees (Updated 2/7/22) - English Version
Árboles de Decisión Para COVID-19 Grados K-12 (Actualizado 7 de febrero, 2022) - Versión en Español