Peek at the Week
September 13, 2015
On Friday, we celebrated our students' fundraising efforts with crazy spirit day. I guess I was the most crazy as this Auburn Tiger ended up in Georgia gear! Thank you to everyone who has supported our Read-a-Thon; I do believe the children are enjoying it. Make sure you check out our PTA Facebook page for all the current details.
We enjoyed seeing so many of you Friday night at the Archer football game. We are so fortunate to be part of such a supportive community!
This Peek is full of information. Make sure you see it all!
It is GREAT to be a Harbins Tiger.
Morning and Afternoon Car Rider Updates
Thank you for your patience as we continue to evaluate and improve on our processes. Please note the following concerning car riders:
· Our warning bell rings at 8:10 a.m. Students are tardy at 8:15 a.m.
· We are going to keep the car rider line open until 8:15 a.m.
· At 8:15 a.m. cars will be directed to the bus lane. Parents will need to walk children in at that point.
· Please know that we open the car rider lane at 7:45 a.m., and there is at least a 25 minute window to drop your child off safely and have your child on time to school.
· We cannot have cars in the bus lane before 8:15 a.m.
· To truly ensure the safety of our entire school community, we would like everyone to make it through the car rider lane. Remember that at 8:15 a.m. our school day has begun.
· Students will be walked out by a teacher after all cars have come to a complete stop.
· Car rider line will be open until 3:15.p.m. If the gym doors are closed, please go to the front office (with your I.D.) to check your student out.
· Please encourage your student to learn their car rider number and to look for it to be written on the board in the gym.
· Please make sure to pull all the way to the beginning of the side walk if you are the first car in a new load.
· Please make sure you close any gaps in the car rider line.
· Please buckle your student in quickly to ensure the car rider line moves as efficiently as possible.
· If you have been instructed to “pull up” as we wait for your student, please pull up to the top of the hill and a teacher will escort the child to your car.
· Only Harbins’ tags provided by the school will be honored in line.
· Please leave your tag displayed from the beginning until the end of the process.
· If a change of transportation is not in writing in the front office, you will be asked to park your car and check your student out in the front office. (ID Required)
PTA Meeting Monday!
Domino's Spirit Night
We will have Domino's Spirit Night on the 3rd Thursday of each month.
Teachers and staff are engaged with children from 7:45 a.m. until 3:15 p.m. Please help us preserve that time. We ask that if you need to speak with a staff member, you set up a time with that person. This way, we can ensure we are devoting our attention to the children in the building and making sure we meet your needs.
Early Release Days in September
Last year we earned over $3200 from Box Tops, which helped us purchase much needed technology for our school. Our first contest of the the year ends October 1.
Please send in your box tops in groups of 50. Separate bonus box tops from regular ones, and make sure you only send in ones that are dated before 10-1-15.
If you turn in more than 100 box tops before October 1st, you will receive a prize!
These are the 3 ways you can turn in box tops:
LEADERSHIP ACADEMY CONFERENCE
September 15 - 5th grade
September 22 - 4th grade
September 29 - 3rd grade
October 6 - 2nd grade
October 13 - 1st grade
October 27 - Kindergarten
Read-A-Thon - PTA Fundraiser
Remember we have some awesome incentives for signing on sponsors for our Read-a-Thon.
The classrooms in K-2 and 3-5 with the highest sponsorships will have an ice cream party and will receive an Amazon gift card for classroom books!!!
The students in K-2 and 3-5 with the highest sponsorships will share the title of principal for the day!!!
2015-2016 Promotion Criteria
Important PTA Dates for 2015-2016
9/1/2015 Fundraiser Kickoff
9/14/2015 5:30 PTA Planning Session (open to all members)
10/5/2015 5:30 PTA Planning Session (open to all members)
10/17/2015 11:00-3:00 Harbins Days Fall Festival
11/2/2015 5:30 PTA Planning Session (open to all members)
11/12/2015 6:30 PTA General Meeting / Veterans Day Program
11/30/2015 5:30 PTA Planning Session (open to all members)
12/5/2015 9:00 Breakfast with Santa
12/10/2015 6:30 PTA General Membership / Holiday Program
1/11/2016 5:30 PTA Planning Session (open to all members)
1/28/2016 6:30 Instructional Fair
2/8/2016 5:30 PTA Open Meeting / Officer Nominations
2/12/2016 6:30 Valentine's Dance
3/7/2016 5:30 PTA Open Meeting / Slate Officers
3/24/2016 6:30 PTA General Membership / Spring Musical / Vote Officers
4/14/2016 6:30 PTA General Membership / Spring Musical / Announce Officers
5/3/2016 Teacher Appreciation Luncheon
5/9/2016 5:30 PTA Planning Session (open to all members)