Samoan Bananna Cake
Perfect recipe for over ripe bannas
Ingredients : Use an 8" (20 cm) round cake, serves 6-8
1½ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 stick + 1 tablespoon (125g) butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup mashed banana (about 2 medium overripe bananas)
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ cup hot milk
- Grease and/or line your cake pan and preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- With electric beaters, cream the butter with the sugar until it's light and fluffy. Beat in one egg at a time, then the vanilla, beating well after each addition.
- Switch from the beaters to a wooden spoon or spatula. Stir the mashed banana into the butter mixture.
- Dissolve the baking soda into the milk and stir that in too.
- Finally, sift your sifted ingredients into the mixture and gently fold them in.
- As soon as all the ingredients are moistened, pour the batter evenly into the cake pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely and then fill and top with sweetened whipped cream or chocolate frosting. For the cake stall, leave out the fresh cream.