Monday Morning Message (1/19/2016)
Every Child - Everyday!
Good Morning Everyone! I hope everyone had a very relaxing MLK weekend. I sure did! I am charged and ready to go! This past week we had a few incidents in the bathrooms in between passing periods. If you see a large number of students go into the bathroom, go and investigate and let one of the administrators know. Usually if you walk in, they will walk out. We have been doing better as a campus with tardies and office referrals, but we could be doing better. Make sure that you are in the hall ways during passing periods "pushing" students to their class. Also, if you have a student that is constantly disrupting your class please talk individually to your House AP about that student and develop a plan for that particular student. We can not afford to have students jeopardize their learning and the learning of other students. Have a great Tuesday!
If you see this teacher or this student be sure to give them a HIGH 5!
Teacher of the Month: Stevie Rodriquez
Student of the Month: Omar Gonzalez
Reminders & Information
- Time Clock - Remember to clock in and out each day. Missing a clock in or out once or twice is okay, but if it is a persistent problem it may affect your PDAS appraisal.
- Please be at your door during transitions. If you are on your conference period please come out and help to monitor the hallways.
- Remind your students to walk on the right side of the hallway during the passing periods.
- Do not let students out of class without a pass that includes their name, destination, time, date. We are trying to reduce the amount of time that students are out of the classroom and we would like to be able to quickly determine where they should be.
- Remind students of the "lending grant" chromebooks that we have that are available to check out and go home with them.
- Remember to follow the discipline ladder with students in your classroom. Try different interventions and parent contact before sending a student to the office. If it is a level 3 offense, send them to the office immediately. If you have any questions, please ask Ms. Smith or Mr. Swacker.
- Grades - Make sure that you are inputting 2 daily grades per week. The administrators will check on Tuesdays to verify grades have entered.
Remember, we are the Best school with the Best students and the Best faculty and staff. Good, Better, Best!!! Never let it rest, until your good gets better and your better gets best!