Campus Closed... Admissions Open!
Online or On campus your child deserves a great education
Trusted for over 35 years...
BAIS delivers an excellent international standard of education to both local Gambian and international resident families. BAIS offers:
- A caring family;
- Excellent teachers;
- Highly engaged students;
- Student-to-teacher ratio of 1:5;
- Unparalleled quality of education;
- A down-to-earth school community;
- Individualized support for every learner;
- A supportive environment that prizes diversity;
- Creation of critical thinkers and engaged global citizens;
- Fluency in ethical and protective use of one-to-one technology;
- An internationally relevant curriculum founded on U.S. standards;
- Connection to the best international schools across Africa and the world;
- A holistic program of academics, service learning, arts, sports and technology;
- Students prepared to transition successfully from The Gambia to schools abroad;
- And, now, a high school program preparing students for universities around the world!
Apply for BAIS Today!
We are accepting applications for all grades for 2020-21 and our parents can attest that our courses are engaging and rigorous to be sure our students are prepared for the next grade level. The Corona Virus pandemic has us staying safe at home and the same rigorous learning continues at BAIS through Zoom video conferencing and online learning platforms -- Pre-Kindergarten through High School. Apply today to keep your child learning at home.
BAIS High School
High School applicants will be tested and interviewed to be sure all candidates are prepared for a rigorous course of study leading to university programs around the world. Students with minimal readiness may be assigned a summer program to reach the required level by fall.
BAIS high school students begins their studies in Grade 9 on September 1, 2020.
Seats are limited to join this cohort.
"Entrance to UK universities is also available to students in American high school programs. Generally, UK unis look at SATs and SAT Subject tests or ACTs and expect at least three Advanced Placement courses."
BAIS High School 2020: Low Tuition Fees
BAIS High School will graduate its first class in 2024. This 'Class of 2024' will begin high school this fall in Grade 9. The following tuition rates for Grades 9-12 for Self-Paying families will apply.
- Tuition - $5,500 per annum
- Technology Fee - $500 per annum
- Returning Student Fee (paid at end of year for following year) - $100-$200 per annum depending on date paid
- Application Fee - $200
- Development Fee - $4,350 per student
Field Trips and lunches may entail individual fees.
Fees for all grades can be found at:
Students who have not enjoyed school before become avid active learners in the BAIS curricular programs. Let your child be excited to come to school and learn each day.
BAIS Students - Inspired to Learn
More than simply learning, we push our students to read critically, to think creatively about multiple perspectives and solutions to any problem and to express their ideas clearly in writing, music, art and through technology.
Our standards are clear and the units developed by our teachers to help students meet those standards are designed to be thought-provoking and to capture the imaginations of our learners. Click below for more information.
Kindergarten students investigating their environment to figure out the members of our school's ecosystem.
Come Channel Your Creativity in the Arts!
The arts at BAIS include art and music, with dance, poetry and drama added into English and PE classes and the annual musical in which every student performs. Come learn to express yourself and to appreciate the voices of those around you.