Tiger Tales Parent News Dec. 2015
News For & About Raymore Elementary & Early Childhood!
Happy Holidays !!
Santa came to visit our Early Childhood friends!
It's hard to believe it's December and Winter Break is right around the corner! Our staff continues to reflect on what a wonderful gift each of your children bring to our school family every day. It continues to be a joy to work with your children as they build positive leadership skills and celebrate progress toward learning goals.
This month we continued our monthly 7 Habits assemblies along with some fun "Minute to Win It" games with students and staff, our first graders presented an amazing holiday program, family movie night was a hit, and Santa visited our early childhood classrooms!
We are excited to participate in a student teacher senior level clinical training with the University of Central Missouri (UCM- Warrensburg). Starting in January, we will have five senior level students from UCM spend a total of fifteen weeks in our building in a variety of classrooms helping our students while learning from our teachers. These five students will then be placed at our school for their student teaching experience as well. We are very proud to be part of this partnership with UCM!
As many of us celebrate during this season, we recognize that, for some, this can be a difficult time of year. We would like to thank all of you who adopted a family, donated to C.A.N. and/or the Mayor's Food Drive, and donated items to a school in Panama for our fourth grade Change Makers service project. We truly appreciate your support and generosity.
We look forward to seeing many of you at our upcoming winter parties! As always, please feel free to call us if you ever have a concern or question. We are happy to help.
Happy Holidays and enjoy time with your family during our Winter Break!
Jennika Miller, Principal
Melissa Lucas, Assistant Principal
Calling all WatchD.O.G.S.
Now that January is coming soon we have several open spots for our WatchD.O.G.S. to volunteer until the end of the year. We would love to have you sign up! Just follow these steps:
Go directly to our Weebly site: raymoretigers.weebly.com
Click on “KIDS/PARENTS” tab
Scroll down to “Be A Volunteer!”
The very first thing you will see on this Volunteer page is an introductory blurb about the WatchD.O.G.S. program and there is a green 'WATCHDOG SIGN UP CALENDAR' button you will click on to sign up for a time.
This brings you to the WatchD.O.G. sign up page. Click on the “VIEW” button
It will take you to a page where you then sign in with your email address and click “NEXT”
You are now on the actual sign up page where you can navigate your way to a particular date or month and sign up! There are 2 slots per day and we've tried to 'block out' all 'no school' dates for you, too.
*Reminder - you can’t WatchD.O.G. until your background check has been approved. You will receive an email from Renee Anthuis letting you know when you have been approved. Thank you for understanding!
How to swap dates:
You will see that there is an icon/option to swap a date in case you sign up for a date and then realize later you are unable to volunteer, you can find or swap with another person. For more information on 'swapping” you can watch the video on our “Be a Volunteer!” page on our website.
Your presence provides a positive, male role model & security presence that makes a difference in our school! And a big thank you to PTA & Mrs. Beck in the support of this program!
**For more information please email: email@example.com.
Family Movie Night
Students and families get ready to watch "Inside Out" at Family Movie Night. Thank you PTA for such a fun event!
First Grade Musical
Thank you to Mrs. Bradley and our first graders for a wonderful holiday musical! Our students did a great job!
4th Gr. Number Talks
Fourth grade students work on creating their own division word problems during a number talk.
Family Movie Night
First Grade Musical
Our 3rd graders and Mrs. Bradley did a great job with our Veteran's Day Program in November.
Our annual family Thanksgiving dinner was a success! Everyone enjoyed the feast!
Our fourth grade 7 Habits Leaders facilitated another monthly assembly recognizing "Beginning with the End in Mind".
Bond Issue on April Ballot
Ray-Pec voters on April 5 will consider a $27 million no-tax-rate-increase bond issue to address space needs throughout the District. The plan includes constructing an addition onto the south high school to accommodate all students in grades 9-12 in one school.
The Board on Dec. 17 unanimously approved placing the bond issue on the ballot. The general obligation bond issue is necessary to fund the improvements outlined in the District's Long Range Facility Plan. In introducing the measure, Superintendent Dr. Kari Monsees emphasized that the bond issue will not require an increase in the tax levy.
In addition to the high school expansion, other elements of the plan include:
- North high school building becomes second middle school
- Modifications to Bridle Ridge and Eagle Glen to serve grades K-5
- Convert Shull Elementary into an Early Childhood Center
- Maintenance projects throughout the District
The plan includes the most aggressive timeline possible to resolve the two-building high school situation. Read more: http://www.raypec.k12.mo.us/index.aspx?NID=1035
Revised 2015-2016 District Calendar
Can you volunteer?
- PTA event helper
- WatchD.O.G.S. dads*
- Tiger Buddies 1:1 student mentor/tutor*
- Lamination & Cut/Make Project Assistance
- C.A.N. food pantry donor
- PTA Board Member or Committee chairperson
Calling all other labels & Boxtops for PTA to help our school!
(Always check our website for the most updated/current events!)December:
Dec 22: K-4 Winter Parties [12:25-1:15pm] & EARLY RELEASE @ 1:15pm
Dec 22-Jan 4: NO SCHOOL - WINTER BREAK
Jan 5: BACK TO SCHOOL; 3rd Quarter begins
Jan 8: 2nd quarter progress reports available in TeacherEase for parents
Jan 12: PTA Board Meeting
Jan 18 & 19: No School
Jan 25: EC/ECSE/PAT/PCA Family Game Night in PCA 5:00-6:45 pm
Jan 28: District Spelling Bee
Friendly School Reminders & Opportunities
- If your child is a car rider, we appreciate you making sure you have your car tag displayed in your car for arrival and dismissal. Thank you!
- For security of all kids and staff, please be prepared to present your State ID/Driver's License at the front desk. Office staff will sign in all visitors and provide a badge to be worn visibly at all times. Please be sure to check out at the office before leaving.
- I.D.: Please be prepared to show ID anytime you are visiting our school or picking up a child. If we do not recognize you (and we try hard!), this measure ensures your child's safety and that of our school. Thank you for your support.
- We will continue to practice regular drills/procedures through out the year in classrooms and as a school for a variety of emergencies including fire/evacuation, tornado/shelter, and more. This year our staff was more extensively trained by professionals in what to do in the case of a violent intruder. Thanks to our district's leadership, we are even better equipped with the most effective strategies to protect and prevent our children in the case of a variety of emergencies.
- All cars join our north car rider line. Please remain in vehicles and ensure your child enters on the curbside of the car.
- Early Childhood sessions M, T, W, and Th are 8-11 & 11:45-2:45. Students are not in session Friday.
- Elementary Student arrival & breakfast begins at 8:25 AM. The tardy bell is 8:45 AM. Dismissal begins at 3:45.
- All students who walk/bike to school on their own should wait for Mrs. Wratney our crossing guard for assistance to cross Madison or our parking lot.
- "Grab & Go" Breakfast is available for purchase by ALL kids & they enjoy in class as they begin their day. Hot breakfast can be chosen from 8:25-8:35 and then eaten in the cafe as well.