Mrs. Cole's Column
Monday, August 31, 2015
What's happening this week in Room 512!
Unit 2 - Subtracting Whole Numbers
- Monday- Lesson 4-4 Subtracting 3-digit numbers
- Tuesday- Lesson 4-5 Subtracting Across Zero
- Wednesday- Lesson 3-4 Estimate Differences
- Thursday - Real World Problems: Lesson 4-6 Draw a picture and Write a Number Sentence
- Friday - Review Unit 2
- Tuesday (September 8) - Unit 2 assessment
We will finish our Science unit on Plants. We will continue to observe our plants and review the parts of a plant and seed.
We will have our plant test on Friday, September 4.
We will continue to introduce the six-traits of writing.
- Word Choice
- Sentence Fluency
Unit 1 Week 2:
- Comprehension Strategy: Visualize
- Comprehension Skill: Sequence
- Genre: Realistic Fiction
- Vocabulary Skill: Context Clues
Scholastic Book Order
Riddle of the Week
The first person to give the answer to Mrs. Cole will receive some $!
Third Grade Parent Night
If you were unable to attend, I sent information home on Friday in your child's take-home folder.
Reading homework Tic-Tac-Toe due Friday, September 4
***Please use loose leaf paper instead of a reading journal***