Kinder Scientists Week
Spelling Test & Homework Binder
Since the school is going to be closed on Friday, the spelling test is going to be on Thursday and the homework binders are also due on that day.
Spelling Words List
There are more spelling words in the spelling list.
View grade level and individual science projects from students aged 4-13. Come and enjoy an evening filled with wonder on Thursday, April 7th from 6:30PM-7:30PM!
- You can get a bouquet of carnations for your mother/grandmother/ aunt for $5 per bouquet.
- The due date for the payment is April 13th
- Payment Method: checks or cash are acceptable
- The form is in your child's homework folder
Enjoying the Gorgeous Weather
Fun Reading Buddy Time
What We've Learned This Week
· The students inferred the following words’ meaning from ”Water” passage: vapor, recreation, necessity
· They defined the word “ extinguish” in their vocabulary notebook.
· The students listened to a “ Water” passage.
· They read the passage as a group and individually
· They circled the words they don’t understand
· They answered the comprehension questions about the reading.
· Skip counting by 2s, 5s, and 10s
· Addition & subtraction
Telling time Social Studies
1.States of Matter (Solid, Liquid, Gas)
· The students were introduced to the scientific method (making a hypothesis, explaining the results of the experiment, and coming to a conclusion)
3.The Density Experiment
· They students observed and engaged in density experiment in which they poured various liquids (corn syrup, dish soap, vegetable, rubbing alcohol, and water into plastic bottles)
· They observed if they mixed or didn’t mix.
Writing & Handwriting Skills
They practiced writing their spelling words in their journal using 3 activities from the spelling activity sheet (organizing words alphabetically)
The Density Experiment
Questions to Ask Your Child
· What do the following words mean:
· What the uses of water?
· What materials did you use in the density experiment?
· What was/were the experiment’s result/s?
The Read Across America Top Readers
- Formal Day
- Science Fair @ 6:30PM-7:30PM
Professional Development Day/ School is closed