Week of 11/14/21
- NWCS is and will continue to complete close contact tracing when we are notified of a positive COVID-19 case in our buildings. Please report any positive results or close contacts to our COVID-19 Reporting Tool which can be found on our website and our mobile app.
- PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR STUDENT TO SCHOOL IF
- They are pending a COVID-19 test.
- They have tested positive for COVID-19.
- They are showing signs or symptoms and with anticipation of taking a COVID-19 test.
- If a family member has tested positive and is not isolating away from the family.
- Please see our Close Contact and Positive student guidelines for more information.
- NWEE and NWEL: notifications of positives are sent out to the entire classroom and any additional students/staff members named as a close contact. If you have multiple students in one building, please call the building offices for more information.
- At NWMS and NWHS, notifications will now be sent out to parents and the students who were in the same class period as the positive. If you have multiple students in one building, please have your student check their school email. Parents may see an increase in notifications due to this change.
- If you choose to quarantine your student, please see our close contact guidelines for more information.
- 11/14- Give Hope Meeting - NWHS 6 pm- See flyer below
- 11/16 - NWEE Picture Retakes
- 11/17- National Education Support Professionals Day.
- 11/18 - NWEL Picture Retakes
- 11/18- NWEL Somerset parent meeting - NWEL Cafeteria - 5-5:30 pm
- 11/19 - Half day for students
- 11/19- Downtown Jackson Christmas Parade
- 11/24-11/26- NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving Break
- 12/1 - Musical Auditions - More info to come. Follow Northwest Community Players on Facebook for more information.
- 12/2 - NWEL Holiday Reading Night- NWEL - 5-7 PM
- 12/4 - Daddy Daughter Dance - NWHS
- 12/6 - NWEE Santa Shop - During School
- 12/7 - NWHS Holiday Choir Concert - Downtown Jackson 6 pm and 7:45 pm12/8
- 12/8 - NWEE Happy Holiday Family Night
- 12/13 - NWEL Santa Shop - During School
- 12/17 - Half Day of School
- 12/20- 1/2 - Winter Break
NW Choir Apple Pie fundraiser is happening this year! Watch for order forms with pick up on November 20th. More details to come!
In case you missed it...........
NW Adopt a Family Program - 2021
NW Adopt a Family program is underway! For years this program has helped hundreds of families in our community during the holiday season! Head over to www.nwschools.org/adoptafamily today for more information on how to get involved!
Get your Mountie Gear!!!! Contact the Athletic Office for details.
Northwest Marching Mounties have been voted one of the three finalists for Jackson Magazine 2022 Best of Jackson awards category of: Best Local High School Band
Voters will have until December 17, 2021, to vote for their favorite business among the finalists.
To RSVP to the NWEE Holiday Family Night, click the graphic below
Reminder - School bus safety
Click below for NWEE November Updates
You're invited! Please click the graphic below to RSVP.
Introducing Mystery Attendance Awards!
Once a month, we will randomly draw 1 student from each grade level. If they are present at school, they will receive a prize!
Prizes include pencils, small toys, gift cards and more!! Winners will be announced on Facebook!
The first drawing is coming up in October!
Thank you Mrs. Mudge!!!!
We would like to wish Lisa Mudge a wonderful retirement. Lisa has spent many years as our financial education coordinator from True Community Credit Union. She has run our student credit union and also taught Junior Achievement to different classrooms. We appreciate all she has done for our students and helping them learn financial literacy. Thank you, Lisa! We hope you enjoy your time with your family.
Art to Remember
Here is some important information:
+ Orders are online only
+ Orders are due by Monday, November 22 to qualify for free shipping to school
+ Orders will be sent home with you student the week before Christmas break (12/15, 12/16 and 12/17
+ Some students were unable to complete artwork for various reasons, mostly absences- you will still be able to order other artwork of theirs once I send home all artwork from the school year in the spring (Info will be sent home on that process in the spring)
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!
Thank you for supporting our amazing artists and our program! NWEL parents are the best!!!
NWEL Yearbook Orders
If your student would like a yearbook for this school year, please make sure to order by December 15th. Ordering instructions are below.