Excellence In All We Do.
September 19, 2016
Dr. Lofton, myself, and Justin will be doing joint walkthroughs in the next week to help calibrate our process. We need to make sure we are consistent with how we are doing walkthroughs.
Club Meetings - put your meeting dates on the LVHS Staff Calendar!
Other dress code rules that are frequently violated:
1. No tank tops.
2. No hats.
3. No piercings other than earrings.
If students don't like the dress code...have them get involved with Student Council!
Theme Days for this week...and pep rally at 9:00 am on Friday!
Spirit Days -Monday - Squad or Twin Day (dress the same as your friends)
Tuesday - Hippie Day (70's day)
Wednesday - Switch it Up Day (don't dress like your usual self)
Thursday - USA Day (dress in red, white, and blue)
Friday - Blue Out (dress it all blue)
Dress code rules still apply - except for hats that meet the theme.
Department Head meeting is this Wednesday at 4:00 in the Conference Room!
1. PBIS review - what do we need to address as far as schoolwide expectations?
2. CIP expectations - review.
3. RtI - review the process and outline department head responsibilities.
4. Set dates for department head meetings.
5. Discuss 7:25 start time for monthly faculty meetings.
6. Anything else you feel like we need to review.
All scheduling will need to be coordinated with Kevin, so he can ensure that all needed materials are available that so he can work with Craten (we don't want cleanup happening while the stadium is being used). He is looking for a group each week and expressed a preference that the pickup happen prior to all home games (JV and Varsity) at Viking Stadium, as opposed to after. Essentially, that means that a Tuesday or Wednesday evening would work, if a group is not interested in coming out on Saturday morning.
Aramark staff will remove the trash after games, but the fundraiser group will be going through and underneath the stands and around the grounds to pick up additional items to get the stadium in tip top shape before each home game.
He will provide the group with trash bags and gloves. Arrangements will need to be made to ensure that groups have access to the grounds underneath the stands.
Given the rocky terrain and possibility of construction debris under the stands, there is a form for students to sign waiving any liability for the district - see me if you are interested!
PLC Schedule - This Week, Technology with Randy!
9:20 - 10:00 - Herrera and Saarinen (Larkin leader - will get you info, when needed)
10:45 - 12:15 - Chapman (leader), Duong, and Howard
12:55 - 1:20 - Smith and Walker
1:30 - 2:10 -Panter and Standiford (Pruitt leader - will get you info, when needed)
3:00 - 3:50 - Pruitt (leader), Kassell, and Garcia
8:30 - 9:10 - Statham (leader), Kirchhoff, Mumme, Searle
10:45 - 11:15 - Grant (leader), Goodman, and J. Timms
10:45 - 11:15 - Larkin (leader), Hunter, and McCollum
1:30 - 2:10 - Holt and Thailing (Pruitt leader - will get you info, when needed)
On weeks you don't have someone like Randy or me in your meetings, I will send the team leaders an agenda to complete and return to me by Monday following the meeting date.
PLC trainings with Randy -
RtI Tier 3 Meetings -
PLC - Curriculum Meetings (with your team)
All other weeks
So, the rotation is:
Week 1 - Tech PLC
Week 2 - RtI
Week 3 - PLC
Week 4 - PLC
I will be sending agendas to department heads on the PLC weeks. I need those completed and returned to me on a weekly basis. We will talk more about this in the department head meeting in a few weeks.
At this time, junior and senior students can sign up for the ACT by contacting Mrs. Sneed. There are about 10 spots left.
Walker is pulling tardies on Thursdays!
Also...make sure you have something for them to do upon entry (warm-up).
New this week!
Mr. Walker tried to take athletic schedules, maternity leave, and feedback from you guys when determining the duty schedule. Please email him if you need to change. Thanks!
Fall 2016 Duty Calendar:
Announcement Procedures -
Please use the announcement spreadsheet shared with you on Google drive to submit announcements. If you are wanting to announce club meetings, you may announce the first club meeting twice prior to the first meeting. After that, we aren't going to announce your meeting every week. We would LOVE to announce scores after games, but we need coaches to submit them, please!
Your sub plans need to be turned in by THIS Friday or we are coming after them!
WHAT NEEDS TO BE IN YOUR SUB FOLDERS:
(all emergency sub folders go to Heather Sutton)
**The following information and instructions must be made available for the substitute teacher by the regular assigned teacher:
· Detailed lesson plans
· Class roll and seating chart
· Daily routine procedures for the classroom (attendance, bell schedules, etc.)
· List of any students who follow alternative schedules or special programs along with any pertinent information regarding these students (when and where they are to report for these alternative schedules, how they get there and back, etc.)
· Emergency procedures
· Suggestions for classroom management and class control (heads up on any children who they may have a little trouble with and any children who are very helpful)
· Location of all needed materials for class
· Names of teachers in adjacent classrooms who may be of assistance to the substitute (Dept. head)
· Master Schedules
· Any duties you do before or after school
· Positive Reinforcement System (tickets)
stuff i leave in here to make sure you saw it the first time:
(review) you should be using canvas now!!
(review) lvisd character traits - monthly!
Be honest • Don’t deceive others, cheat, or steal • Be reliable — do what you say you’ll do • Have the courage to do the right thing • Build a good reputation • Be loyal — stand by your family, friends, Mr. Walker, and country
October – Respect
Treat others with respect; follow the Golden Rule • Be tolerant and accepting of differences • Use good manners, not bad language • Be considerate of the feelings of others and Mr. Walker • Don’t threaten, hit, or hurt anyone • Deal peacefully with anger, insults, and disagreements
November – Compassion
Care about how others feel • Do kind and thoughtful things for people in need • Put other people’s needs before your own especially Mr. Walkers • Volunteer your time and resources for charity • Be willing to listen
December – Caring
Be kind • Be compassionate and show you Mr. Walker care • Forgive others • Help people in need
January – Citizenship
Do your share to make your school and community better • Cooperate • Get involved in your community • Stay informed; vote • Be a good neighbor • Obey laws and rules • Respect authority, especially Mr. Walker • Protect the environment • Volunteer
February – Fairness
Play by the rules • Take turns and share • Be open-minded and listen to others • Don’t take advantage of others including Mr. Walker• Don’t blame others carelessly • Treat all people fairly
March – Responsibility
Do what you are supposed to do • Plan ahead • Persevere: keep on trying! • Always do your best • Use self-control • Be self-disciplined • Think before you act — consider the consequences or get Mr. Walker• Be accountable for your words, actions, and attitudes • Set a good example for others
April – Integrity
Be strong enough to do what you know is right • Do the right thing, even when it is difficult • Be your best self like Mr. Walker • Resist peer pressure • Choose words and actions that are sincere • Set high standards for yourself and stick to them
May – Gratitude
Say thank you for the things that you receive • Think about what you are thankful for such as Mr. Walker and why • Show others how nice it feels to be remembered and appreciated by someone • Write thank you cards • Enjoy giving back • Understand that you are not owed things; you earn them
warning!!! if you need to make a deposit...there is a new form. do not use the old forms...they are wrong and won't allow you to make your deposit!
As you get more first day packets in - update the google sheet with this information and turn them into the nurse ASAP!
Any time you are absent for at least half a day, you must use the aesop system so we can track the absence, even if you don't need a sub. This includes School-related absences!!!
Review - Advisory Expectations!
- Students will follow their advisory teacher’s classroom rules. These rules will be posted and reviewed with students at the beginning of the school year and as needed.
- Attendance is taken every day five minutes after advisory class has begun. Excessive tardies and truancy in advisory will result in the same consequences as in any other class.
- Students wishing to attend a different advisory period for one day only must provide a pass from the teacher whose class they wish to attend PRIOR to the start of advisory. Exceptions are made for club meetings (see next bullet point).
- Club sponsors will send via an email a list of students who should attend their room during an advisory PRIOR to advisory time, which will be used instead of a pass. Hall monitors can access this list to ensure students are only leaving class with permission.
- Permanent homeroom schedule changes should be made through the counseling office.
- No student is allowed to leave advisory until 5 minutes into the advisory period. This will allow teachers to take attendance and check passes before students are allowed to leave at 1:00. We will have a bell that denotes that it is time for students to switch classes. All students must be switched by 1:05.
- Students are not allowed to leave their advisory to go to another classroom after the 1:05 bell has rung. Hall monitors will be present to ensure that students are not wandering the hallways during advisory.
review: pep rally schedule
10/14 Pink Out Pep Rally 1:00 pm
10/28 Halloween/Senior 9:00 am
Every Wednesday in LVISD is college day! Be sure to sport your favorite college's gear this Wednesday, September 7! Encourage your students to do the same!
Review - Positive Reinforcement System (aka - Tickets)
Make sure you sign it (legibly) and then the students write their name on it and come to the reception desk to put their tickets in the bucket. Please do not send them during instructional time (I know...you wouldn't think of it)! Thanks!
Review - Fundraisers!
Review - Hall Passes...
Students will be returned to your class if they do not have a completed hall pass.