NCSD Critical Friends Group 1
Reflect - Connect - Affect
Here are the Details:
- What: NCSD Critical Friends Group 1
- Where: JG Johnson Elementary School - Room 14
- When: Tuesdays - October 25th, November 1st, November 8th, and November 15th
- Time: 4:00pm - 6:00pm
What is a Critical Friends Group?
A Critical Friends Group (CFG) is a professional learning community made up of educators who come together to improve their practice through collaborative inquiry learning. By creating a safe and supportive environment, colleagues can examine student work and get feedback through collaboration.
The purpose of a CFG is to:
- Create a professional learning community culture
- Make the teaching practice explicit and public by “talking about teaching” through collaborative inquiry and reflective practice
- Help educators help each other turn theories into practice and standards into actual student learning
- Improve teaching and learning
Here’s what NCSD educators have to say about CFG:
“It was worth the sacrifice of time to know – WOW! I’m not alone!”
“…the best part of CFG was looking at myself and my practices without judgment, but help.”
“I’m glad I did this. I feel ‘connected’ to all the people who participated on a professional level and on a personal level.”
Thank you for your interest in improving professional practices and student learning.
Seats are limited! Don't miss out!