Lawrence Labrador Lowdown
October 22, 2021
COVID Symptoms Reminder
- Parents and students should monitor for COVID symptoms prior to entering a school campus, district office, or other LVJUSD facility. Anyone who is sick with symptoms of COVID-19 should stay home and call their medical provider for advice. Those symptoms include:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Fatigue (tiredness)
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- What is the protocol for a student exhibiting symptoms of COVID?
- Both vaccinated and unvaccinated students have three options (see COVID Flowchart for Parents) if they are experiencing COVID-related symptoms:
- Option 1: Quarantine for 10 days; return to school on day 11 and when fever is gone for 24 hours.
- Option 2: Get an approved test after day 6 of quarantine and return to school on day 8 if the test is negative. If the test is positive, isolate and return to school on day 11 from when symptoms first appeared and when fever is gone for 24 hours and the student feels better. Contact school office.
- Option 3: Obtain a note from your healthcare provider for an alternative diagnosis.
- What is the protocol for a student that develops symptoms while on campus?
- Each site has a designated isolation space that the student will remain in until their parent arrives to take them home.
In an effort to recognize students for demonstrating PBIS, Leader in Me, and Choose Love principles, staff members have the opportunity to share out examples from their class. For additional details click on this link to view our PBIS matrix. The following students were recognized during the week of October 18-22. Click here to learn more about this week's highlighted Leading Lab winnersTransitional Kindergarten/Kindergarten:
- Ava A.
- Ellie H.
- Sidney K.
- Adam L.
- Brooklyn M.
- Alexis N.
- Kimberly S.
- Addie T.
- Jaylee T.
- Christopher C.
- Millie H.
- Riyansh J.
- Adelaide S.
- Dylan T.
- Reagan C.
- Dominic L.
- Lorenzo M.
- Caleb N.
- Carlos Q.
- Navneeth R.
- Netra V.
- Kaitlyn B.
- Zoe B.
- Mackenzie C.
- Evan K.
- Leo V.
- Sam V.
- Amelia A.
- Ali G.
- Devyn G.
- Lillian K.
- Afrand O.
- Liam S.
- Aanya C.
- Dalton C.
- Evelyn H.
- Joelle L.
- Grace M.
- LIam M.
- Kevin N.
- Jack P.
Habit of the Week-Habit 7 Sharpen the Saw
Sharpen the Saw Videos
Red Ribbon Week October 25-29
Red Ribbon Week is October 23rd to the 31st. During Red Ribbon Week students learn about making healthy and respectful choices for themselves and their community by being drug-free. All sites across our District will be decorated with red ribbon displays. In addition, students PreTK-5th grade will receive Red Ribbon pencils, stickers, and access to printable coloring pages and the Red Ribbon Youth Pledge in English and Spanish. Students in grades 4 and 5 will receive activity books.
Lawrence student leaders have worked with Mrs. Higgins to create fun Spirit Days for Red Ribbon Week.
Monday: Wear RED- "Proud to be Drug Free"
Tuesday: Wear a HAT- "Put a Cap on Drugs"
Wednesday: Wear CRAZY SOCKS- "Sock it Drugs"
Thursday: Wear PAJAMAS- "Follow Your Dreams and Be Drug Free"
Friday: Wear a Costume- "Drugs are Scary"
Reminders for Drop-Off and Pick-Up
2. For those choosing to use St. Bartholomew's Episcopal Church, you must park and walk on campus with your child. This is not a "valet" area. Please use caution when driving and be respectful.
LVJUSD Halloween Costume Guidelines
- Masks may be worn during the parade only
- Masks must be school friendly
- No weapons or replica weapons
- No blood or gore
- Outfits must meet dress code guidelines
Rotary Chili Cook-Off
ACE Holiday Open House Fundraiser
Pathways to Professions in Science and Engineering
PTO Important Information
Trunk-or-Treat is rescheduled for 10/29, 4-6PM
Trunk-or-Treat is rescheduled for 10/29, 4-6PM. We love rain but don't want our Labradors to get wet. We'll see you and your costumes on Friday, 10/29! Thank you all for your flexibility and support.
With the date change, we have a few more limited car spaces available for more trunks. Please respond to this form if you're interested in decorating your trunk (and couldn't on the 10/22 date but can on the 10/29 date). If you're already on our list as confirmed for 10/29, no need to reply again. Thank you!
If you're interested in volunteering at a station during the event, please fill out this WeJoin here: https://www.wejoinin.com/sheets/xrtse
If you'd like to bring in a store-bought and sealed dessert for the cake walk freeze dance, please fill out this WeJoin here: https://www.wejoinin.com/sheets/diccw
Pie Fundraiser 10/15-11/1
Civicore Volunteer Application
October 23- Rotary Chili Cook-Off (11-5 @Carnegie Park)
October 25- Pathways to Professions in Science and Engineering 6:00-7:00 p.m.
October 25-29- Red Ribbon Week:
- Monday: Wear RED- "Proud to be Drug Free"
- Tuesday: Wear a HAT- "Put a Cap on Drugs"
- Wednesday: Wear CRAZY SOCKS- "Sock it Drugs"
- Thursday: Wear PAJAMAS- "Follow Your Dreams and Be Drug Free"
- Friday: Wear a Costume- "Drugs are Scary"
October 27-School Site Council- Virtual Meeting from 4:30-5:45 p.m.
October 29- Halloween Parade 8:45 a.m. (masks are recommended for large events)
October 29- Trunk or Treat from 4:00-6:00 p.m.
November 4-ACE Holiday Open House Fundraiser (4:00-8:00 p.m.)
November 11- No School- Veterans Day
November 17- PTO Meeting- Virtual Meeting from 7:00-8:00 p.m.
November 19- End of Trimester 1
November 20-28- No School-Fall Break
December 18-January 2- No School- Winter Break