The Sky's The Limit
May 8, 2016
Facultly & Staff Bulletin - Montgomery City Elementary
Together we will guide, encourage, and challenge
our children to become life-long learners.
MCE’s PBIS Principles:
Be Kind! Be Safe! Be Cooperative! Be Respectful! Be Responsible!
Please help a fellow educator
We have been asked to help a fellow educator with her dissertation. She asks that each of our certified staff take her 30 question survey (5 minutes) that will provide feedback concerning our building culture. The data would be good to use as we plan for next year. I encourage you to take the survey!
YOUR SCHOOL¹S SECRET 6 digit CODE KEEPS YOU COMPLETELY ANONYMOUS
(but allows me to score your school as a whole)
LINK TO THE SURVEY (around 30 Likert style questions about your school as a whole)
Engage your students with a new enthusiasm for teaching & learning - Teach Like a Pirate!
What Is a Professional Learning Community?
Thrively - Find what interests your students and use it to keep them engaged in learning!
Reflection as a tool to plan for next year.
We also need to reflect on ourselves as learners. What have you done to grow as an educator? What was successful? What did you enjoy?
We also need to reflect on how we communicate with each other, as professionals. This is a good article to guide your reflection on our ability to work in teams and with other professionals. I encourage you to read it and reflect thoughtfully. We want to build strong teams of teachers for our students next year!
Looking forward to the 2016-17 School Year!
Classroom assignments for next year:
ECSE: Kim Clements, Teri Lenzenhuber & another para TBA
Preschool: Kristal Zerr & Cindy Ebbersmeyer(morning at MCE/afternoon at JBE)
Kindergarten: Kayla Hart, Heather Kuhlo & Alayna Parmalee
First Grade: Megan Bote, Beth Cobb & Miranda Ott
Second Grade: Amanda Beshears, Kristy Ferguson & Liz Knapp
Third Grade: Lisa Chisholm, Missy Stufflebean & Bridgett Wieczorek
Fourth Grade: Tina Harms, Catie Monzyk & Vince Wolk
Fifth Grade: Jeni Burris, Leslie King & Dawn Linstruth
Title I Reading: Julie Porter
ESP Teacher: Debbie Fulkerson
Special Services: Cathy Mudd, Mandy Rodgers & Bonnie Keen
Speech Services: Jody Horner & Tawni Wollerman (contracted services)
Specials: Art:Jessica Shults, Music: Emily Satterfield, Library: Tara Polston, &PE: Justin Graves & Chasity Rodgers
Literacy Coach: Laura Allen
Math Coach: Amy Newland
Technology Instructor: Sheri Betke
Counselor: Amy Davis
Assistant Principal: Jenny Krattli
Mrs. Bridget Cobb plans to begin the year as Mrs. Chisholm's long term sub.
- Our FAX system is slow, with poor image quality and often fails to send. If you need to send a FAX, please scan it to yourself and email the document to be sent.
- Purchase Order Procedures 1. Fill out a requisition and get my approval prior to any purchases 2. Once I have signed it, Diane sends the PO to Heather Combs 3. Heather waits until we receive the items purchased, and gets approval to pay by receiving the packing slip. She then authorizes payment. ** If you are attending an event or conference, and need a check prior to attending, you must note that on your purchase order. We cannot just call Heather and ask for a check. She will not prepare one without prior notice. 4. Once you receive your purchase, or attend your event, turn in your packing slip or complete your P.D. form so Heather knows to pay.
- Reminder -both of the computer labs will be closed for EOY testing. Please check the schedule before planning to utilize the lab.
- Our Field Day will be Tuesday, May 17th & 5th grade recognition will be at 6pm.
- We will have our annual Talent Show on May 19th - Any faculty & staff wanting to share a talent with our students in encouraged!! Talk with Laura & Amy N.
- May 20th is our last work day this school year. Our hours are 9am-3pm. You must check out with me before you may sign out for the summer.
MSTA Reading Circle Certificates
You must complete a request for leave form anytime you are going to need a substitute. This includes approved school business. This form ensures we have subs when they are needed, and that you are documented correctly. If you call in sick, you must complete this paperwork when you return. We appreciate your help ensuring the paperwork is completed in timely manner.
I have started a draft of our end of year checkout list. These items must be taken care of before you check out on May 20th with me. Thanks!
Check-in with your Accountability Partner
Happy May Birthdays!
May 1 - Corey Blackburn
May 3 - Megan Bote
May 5 - Liz Knapp
May 9 - Sara Schulze
May 10 - Carla Parker & Janet Hammond
May 12 - Sheri Betke