MONDAY MORNING MUSTANG
February 10-14, 2020
Walnut Wednesday Awards
Love the enthusiasm Jen Sorbara!
Mustang Schedule This Week:
MONDAY -FEBRUARY 10
*Periods 1-6 Regular Day Schedule - 7:50 am-2:45 pm
TUESDAY - FEBRUARY 11
*Periods 3-4 & 5-6 Tutorial Schedule - 7:50 am-2:45 pm
WEDNESDAY - FEBRUARY 12
*Periods 1-4 Collaboration Schedule - 7:50 am-2:00 pm (Early Out Dismissal)
THURSDAY - FEBRUARY 13
- *Periods 1-2 & 5-6 Tutorial Schedule - 7:50 am-2:45 pm
- Dr. Taylor & Board Member Visit - 9:00 - 12:00 pm
- SEL Team Meeting in H5 - 3:00 - 4:00 pm
FRIDAY - FEBRUARY 14
- *Periods 1-6 Regular Day Schedule - 7:50 am-2:45 pm
- Valentine's Staff Luncheon in MPR 11:30 - 12:30.
- End of 6 Week Grading Period
Valentine's Day Lunch!
Time to Nominate our Teacher of the Year!
Grades Due Feb 21!
Staff PD Day on February 21
Here is a rough itinerary of the day:
- 7:30 – 8:00: Breakfast and Coffee
- 8:00 – 8:15: Staff Meeting
- 8:15 – 8:30: Transition to WASC Groups
- 8:30 – 10:00: WASC Data Collection Groups
- 10:00 – 10:15: Break
- 10:15 – 11:00: BREAKOUT SESSION #1
- 11:10 – 11:55: BREAKOUT SESSION #2
- 12:00 – 1:00: LUNCH (Provided by the district)
- 1:00 – 3:00: Relax (Massage envy is coming) and Classroom Prep (On your own)
We are looking for presenters in our breakout sessions. If you have an exciting lesson, tech tool, tips & tricks, or anything else that might help us grow professionally!
Get Google Certified!
The district is once again offering its Google Certified Educator Level 1 training. The training will take place over 3 days at the district office. A sub will be provided for you.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn more about the Google Suite of products and how to use them effectively in your classes.
The dates are February 24th, 26th, and March 3rd.
If you are interested, please sign up below.
Period by Period Meeting on February 28
Low Performing Student Block Grant
Our district received a one-time Low Performing Student Block Grant to compensate certificated staff for their commitment and hard work with continuous professional learning to meet the needs of our students.
Please see the attached memo with more information and form below that you need to fill out to be compensated.
WENDLAND TECHNOLOGY UPDATES
Google File Stream
Tutorial Requests Video
Tutorial Scanning Sheets
Just a quick follow-up to our staff meeting & email.
- Before the sheet will work properly you need to approve the script to run. That is found in the video below. It should take 2-3 minutes to get it to run.
- Always make sure you are in the first column when scanning/typing in IDs.
- I will be going around building by building over the next couple of weeks during tutorial to check in
- If you are having any issues getting the script to run, please fill out this form HERE.
Walnut Wednesday Winners
FBLA wins 9 straight!
Rebecca Chai SIOP Presentation
Chalew Facilitates Cooperative Argumentative Dialogue
Ellie taking our kids on a Field Trip
Rob & Drew Share Their Vision with the Board
Thanks to our Custodial Crew!
MUSTANG FEBRUARY BIRTHDAYS
2/1 Robert Sandoval
2/3 Erica Blake
2/6 Katelyn Takahashi
2/9 Jane Han
2/12 Renee Juarez-Medina
2/12 Corey Wicks
2/13 Rose Marie Arellanes
2/13 Jeri Burnside
2/13 Suzanne TenBroek
2/16 Haesoo Park
2/19 Tania Coday-Voss
2/28 Ragen Goetz
2/29 Ron Honore
A WORTHY WATCH
The speaker talks about:
- Learning for our students
- Learning about our students
- Learning with our students
Give it a watch!