March 27, 2015
Have a wonderful Spring Break!
Please review the Memo to stay current on building parent communication & events!
It is important that you read & know the information that is shared with our families. Information in the Memo is not necessarily duplicated here, such as talent show times and New to the Nest.
Please check the retirement, 15 year and 25 year list posted in the staff center to ensure your name is there if you fit one of those categories.
2015-16 Student Teachers
Please complete this form (click here) if you are interested in hosting a student teacher, methods/practicum student or a student for observation during the 2015-15 school year. This quick form is due April 10.
Please consider writing a post for our blog!!
So much great learning is happening!! You can also encourage a student or parent to share OR comment on an existing post!! Thanks to the 5th grade for our newest posts!
Week of April 6-10
Monday, April 6
Tuesday, April 7
- Kathy @ SSC for principal meeting in a.m.; leaving for more meetings at 3:15 p.m.
- Kate McMullan Skype; 2nd grade – 10:00; 1st grade – 10:20; K – 10:40
- (World Relief Homework Club; LLC after school)
Wednesday, April 8
- Staff meeting; 8:30 in LLC (Google Docs)
- Kathy out in a.m. for dentist
- Kathy at walkthroughs at Madison in p.m.
- (Tutoring; LLC after school)
Thursday, April 9
- Problem solving & IEP as scheduled
- (Boy Scouts; 7-8 in Gym/MPR)
Friday, April 10
- Reading purchase feedback form due; please note that a section for how you will use items and a spot to list any remaining research in progress. Click here to access information and notes pages.
- Student Teacher interest form due; see above for the link.
- (Girl Scouts; 3:30-5 in Art Room)
- (Boy Scouts; 7-8 in Gym/MPR)
Upcoming Lowell Events
- Amy Logan Author Visit for all grades; Tuesday, April 14
- District Curriculum team walkthroughs at Lowell; Friday, April 17 (afternoon)
- Kane County Cougars Game (Reading program recognition); April 17th @ 6:30 p.m.
- 5th Grade Step-Up Day to Franklin Middle School; April 21st from 9:30-11:30ish a.m.
- PTA Sponsored Assembly: Kidworks Theatre- Endangered Animals: Wednesday, April 22 (Earth Day) 1:30 show (K-2); 2:30 show (3-5)
- Culture Fest; Friday, April 24 from 6-8 p.m.
- PARCC Testing; April 27-May 8
- Cook’s Night Out/Spirit Wear Day - Barone’s; Thursday, April 30; 4-9pm
- Smile Squad at Lowell; Thursday, April 30 and Friday, May 1 (testing grades will only be pulled in afternoon)
- Lowell 5K; Saturday, May 2
- Franklin Music Tour: Tuesday, May 12 @ 9:30 a.m.
- Chorus, Band, & Orchestra Concert: Tuesday, May 12; 6:30 p.m. @ Franklin
- EL trip to Brookfield Zoo; Wednesday, May 20th
Grade Level Trips/Events
- 5th Grade to see Anne Frank; Wednesday, April 15; 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- 2nd Grade to Fullersburg Woods: Friday, May 15; 9:30-2
- K-2 Author Skype with Kate McMullan; Thursday, April 9
- 3-5 Author Skype with Gordon Korman; Thursday, April 23
- Kindergarten to Morton Arboretum: Thursday, April 23; 9:30-Noon
- 4th Grade Family Living: Friday, April 24th; 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- 2015-16 Kindergarten Visit; Wednesday, May 13th; 9:30-10:15 a.m.
- 5th Grade Wax Museum; Friday, May 15; 10:45-11:30 a.m. (MPR)
- 4th Grade to Lincoln Marsh: Monday, May 18; 9:15-2p.m.
- Robert Crown Health Center visits 5th grade: Friday, May 22; 1:30-3p.m.
2014-15 Shift Day Schedule
- Tuesday, May 26 is a Monday
- Second Window: April 27-May 8
From the Reading Team....
Getepic.com (“Get Epic”) is a great site for free books. It will read the books to kids or they can silently read. 100’s of titles! The App is free for educators, too.