Saturday, October 20th, 2018
Ms. Gleason's Class ~ Today we started module 2. It is a very short module and only has 5 lessons. Our first lesson was converting between centimeters, meters and kilometers. We also added and subtracted problems with those units of measurement. In the following lessons, we will practice the same skills with gram, kilogram, liter and milliliter. We will be done with the module at the end of the week. The test for module 2 will be on 10/30.
Looking ahead... Module 3 is multiplication and division. The children need to practice multiplication facts at home. We will do some pracgtice in school, but home practice is needed as well. Our goal is for them to have automatic recall of the facts. Thank you for your support at home!
Next week they will spend more time planning. Materials and supplies should begin coming in no sooner than Monday, October 29th.
Friday Exit Tickets
There are four main pieces to the assignment. The assignment sheet, planning sheet, rough copy that I will edit, and then a final copy. If kids use their time wisely, the majority of the assignment should be able to be completed in school.
This is what I'll be editing for when I read your child's rough copy:
- multiple paragraphs - Each student should have at least three paragraphs; an introduction, and a conclusion. Some kids may even have five paragraphs because they put each reason in its own section.
- transitional phrases - Kids should be using transitional phrases to signal to the reader that a new reason is next. In addition, I will require the writers to use "for example" at least once within their piece.
- spelling, grammar, & punctuation
- Kids have PE on Monday and Wednesday this week. Remember those sneakers.
- Chorus meets tomorrow!
- Instrument lessons are Wednesday.