Hillsdale Elementary School, September 2019
We had a great first week!
Thank you to all the parents/guardians that attended Open Houses over the past two weeks. It was wonderful to meet so many of you! What a great beginning to our home and school partnership for this school year.
Students and teachers were busy last week getting to know each other and learning new routines. We kicked off our PBIS program with many lessons throughout the week and culminated with a wonderful assembly. So many students earned green paws tickets! I spied some in both the prize and privilege bins when I left on Friday! Five winners will be selected from each bin on Friday morning during announcements. Keep up the good work students!
Morning Car Line Drop Off Reminders
1) Parents/Guardians that are doing a FAST DROP OFF may drive through our loop next to our Kindergarten playground. There are five paws painted on the sidewalk where cars are encouraged to stop and allow their child to exit the vehicle. Parents are NOT permitted to exit their vehicles in this line.
2) If you need to get out of the car to help your child with seat belts, car seats, book bags, or any other additional school items, PLEASE PARK in the parking lot and walk your child across the traffic to the sidewalk.
3) No one should be in the bus lane in front of the school before 9:30am
4) Do NOT drop off your child in the upper parking lot.
A Note from the Nurse's Office
Welcome back to what will surely be a fantastic school year!
- This is a reminder that PA State mandated immunizations must be up to date and submitted to the nurse for your child(ren) by September 3, 2019 (exclusion date).
- Missing PA State mandated Physical (for newly registered students) and Dental examination reports (for newly registered students and 3rd graders) must be submitted to the nurse by October 24, 2019 (exclusion date). Physical and dental examination reports must be dated after September 1, 2018.
- If your child requires medication during the school day, including Epi-Pen and Inhaler, a note/prescription from your child(ren)'s doctor must be updated at the beginning of each school year. Signed parent permission is also required. Medication and paperwork must be submitted together.
- Just as students walked into HDE on the first day of school, so did several contagious illnesses. Please keep your child home if they are sick; and especially if they have a fever, are vomiting or have diarrhea. Students must be symptom free for 24 hours before returning to school after an illness.
- Lice is a pesky situation with school age children. We are here to help! So if you find Lice on your child, please call us. Know that confidentiality is paramount for us. We rely on parents to communicate with friends and families if Lice is found.
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Dugan or Mrs. Hopton at 484-266-2006.
Library Volunteers Wanted!
Please use these Sign Up Genius links to volunteer in our Library:
Day One - Tibbs-Brown, Wojcik, Burgess, Warner, Berman, Istvan
Day Two - Fitch, King, McBrearty, Pester, Miller, Readdy
Day Three - Korb, McCallister, Golebiewski, Zwizanski, Colven, Quinn
Day Four - Cini, Rostick, Numerato, Noone, Lupotsky, Sciola
Spanish Language Phone Line
Si usted prefiere comunicarse en español por favor llame al 484-266-1690 para contactarse con personal escolar.
(If you prefer to speak to a Spanish speaking operator, please call 484-266-1690 to connect with school personnel.)
Save the Date!
- Fri. Sept 6th - 1st grade Grandparents Day 9:30am
- Fri. Sept 6th - PTO Welcome Back Bash, 6:00pm
- Wed. Sept 11th (day 3) - Patriot Day, 9/11 remembrances
- Wed. Sept 11th, 6:30pm - Padres Latinos Mtg @ Henderson High School (HHS)
- Thurs. Sept 12th (day 4) - PICTURE DAY (flyer attached)
- Mon. Sept 16th (day 2) - celebration of International Dot Day (details attached)
- Thurs. Sept 19th - PTO meeting 7:00pm
- Mon. Sept 30th - NO SCHOOL