The General's Update
Your guide to DDE events & announcements: 10/29/2017
"Book Tastings" Underway in 7th Grade ELA
Red Ribbon Week Door Decorating Contest has Some Strong Contestants!
Faculty Professional Development - Self Assess, Engage, and Set Goals!
Thursday, Nov. 2nd, 6:30-7:30pm
Please see below for the flyer.
Please click here to RSVP: https://signup.com/client/invitation2/secure/2077189/false#/invitation
- Forms are due on Tuesday, October 31, 2017.
- Physicals dated November 15, 2016 and after are valid for the Winter season.
Questions? Please contact Mrs. King at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday, October 31st: Eisenhower Halloween Parade during Period 1. This event is for students only.
Best Costume: one prize/grade level = 3 total
Best Pair: one prize per student/grade level = 6 total
Best Group: 4 (minimum) - 6 (maximum) students per group = 4-6 prizes
Most Creative: one prize/grade level = 3 total
Scariest Costume: one prize/grade level = 3 total
Prizes: $10 AMC Gift Cards
Most Creative: up to 3 Staff Members total = 3 prizes max
Best Group: 4-6 Staff Members per group = 1 group
Best Pair: up to 3 pairs (6 Staff Members) = 6 prizes max
Best Costume: up to 3 Staff Members Total = 3 prizes max
Scariest Costume: up to 3 Staff Members total = 3 prizes max
Prizes: $10 AMC Gift Cards
Good luck to all of our participants and GO Generals!!
Please see below for our Halloween Expectations.
8th Grade Parents: Parent ads may be purchased between now and December 17th. No parent ads will be accepted after December 17th.
Mark Your Calendar
- Now through Friday, November 3: KidStuff sale
- Friday, October 27: Halloween Social, 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Tuesday, October 31: Winter sports forms due
- Thursday, November 2: Project Aware Parent Night, 6:30pm-7:30pm, STEAM Center
- Monday, November 6: Shine Bright Astronomy Night, 5:30pm-7:30pm, Catena (please see the flyer below)
- Tuesday, November 7 through Friday, November 17: Gertrude Hawk sale
- Tuesday, November 14: Winter sports begin
- Thursday, December 7: Make up picture day
- Friday, February 2: Pocketbook BINGO!
Please click below for a special event at Catena School. Stardust will be performing!
- Our next PTO meeting is Wednesday, November 15, 2017 @ 7:00pm in the STEAM Center.
- Our bagel sale is ongoing, and we are still in need of volunteers! If you have an hour in the morning, please email Jen Serluco, PTO President, at email@example.com. Prices are as follows: $3 for a bagel and a bottle of water; $2 for just a bagel; $1 for just a bottle of water.
- If you haven't done so already, please become a member of the PTO! Membership and volunteer forms can be found under the PTO tab on our website or by clicking here for the membership form: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_W8bJaOvpNXMThCNjhmWVNDS2c/view?usp=sharing and here for the volunteer form: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_W8bJaOvpNXUWJ3cklXZU10cDA/view?usp=sharing
- PTO questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
The Eisenhower Middle School Words of Wisdom Club and Eisenhower Student Government are co-sponsoring a food drive in partnership with the food bank of Monmouth and Ocean County (Renamed "Fulfill") Our goal is to collect at least 3,500 canned food items by Friday, December 8th. To date, we have collected "861" canned/non-perishable packaged food items. Students and parents may drop off donations in the front portion of DDES in the boxes marked by grade level and staff may do so in boxes marked across from our mailboxes. Our school is participating in the annual program initiative and we look forward to another successful food drive. Last year, the Eisenhower Middle School was one of five schools in Monmouth and Ocean Counties combined to net donations of 5,000 pounds of food to the food bank. Thank you for your willingness to combat hunger in our local and surrounding communities.
6th Grade = 162
7th Grade = 165
8th Grade = 336 (i.e. "1st Place" as of 10-26-17)
Staff = 198
Total Canned/Packaged Goods Donated: 861/Goal of 3,500+ Canned Goods/Packaged Goods= Attained 24.6% of our goal
- Learn more about the FRHSD Magnet Programs here: http://frhsdmagnetprograms.com/site.php. Applications are now open for 8th grade students. Please see the links below for additional information regarding the FRHSD Magnet Programs.
- You may find the Monmouth County Vocational School District Career Academies Overview and Online Application here: https://www.mcvsd.org/admissions.html. Please see the link below for additional information regarding the MCVSD Career Academies.
- All of this information is also available on the Guidance Schoology page.
- 2017-2018 District Calendar: http://bit.ly/2vPcwI7
- DDE Website Calendar: http://bit.ly/2xaItdB
- DDE November Printable Calendar: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_W8bJaOvpNXZG5LRTFyY3pGYVk/view?usp=sharing
- Please click on the links below for information that may be of interest to Freehold Township residents: