2 types of communication
verbal and non-verbal
*talking face to face with someone
*talking on the phone
Non-verbal- has been defined as communications with out words.
* body language
when is slang appropriate for use?
- Using slang words are only appropriate when you are texting or talking to friends!
"i" message vs. "you" message
* "I think" you are ignoring me
"U" message- place blame on the other person, may aggravate the situation
* "you" are ignoring me
Which type of message Is best and why?
- "I" message is better because it's comes off more soft and genuine. When your using you message you can sound demanding and that could come off wrong on a lot people
8 tips for better communication
3. Put away distractions
6. Eliminate conversation fillers
8.say what you mean
10 tips to manage conflicts
2. Analyze expectations
3.reconize different perspectives
5. Be wear of emotional triggers
6.focus on preventing escalation
7.take action to control the situation
8.commit to working it
9.de-escalate the conflict
10. Stay calm