Stanley Avenue School Newsletter
Term 4 Week 1 2021
WELCOME - Nau mai haere mai
Hello, Kia ora, Chomreabsour, Mālo ni, Ni hao, Kia orāna, Talofa lava, Namaste, Hola, Hallo, Chào bạn, Bula Vinaka, Kumusta, Guten Tag, Mālō e lelei , An-nyeong-ha-se-yo, greetings to all our School Families.
- 25 Oct Labour day School closed
- 29 Oct Harcourts Sausage Sizzle Whole School - FREE
- 1 Nov BOT Meeting 6.00pm Staffroom
- 3 Nov Stanley Ave Athletics day 8+
- 12 Nov All library books returned to school please.
- 10 Nov District Athletics Herries Park TBC
- 26 Nov SCHOOL PHOTOS
- 6 Dec BOT Meeting 6.00 Staffroom
- 9 Dec Graduation Year 7/8
- 13 Dec Prizegiving 9.30am Rec Centre
- 14 Dec Whole School Picnic Morrinsville Pools
- 15 Dec Last day of Term 4
SCHOOL PHOTOS POSTPONED UNTIL FRIDAY 26TH NOVEMBER
Message from our Principal
Welcome to Term 4,
I trust your children have had a well-deserved and enjoyable break in preparation for a busy Term 4. With Covid-19 making for uncertain times, at school we are having to be flexible and adaptable in order to work in with current Alert Level 2 guidelines. We have been fortunate that our school staff are relatively localised and are all able to be on-site this week. With parts of Waikato in Alert Level 3, this has placed huge pressure on schools that have staff travelling from these areas.
Due to the Alert Level 2 guidelines, a number of our traditional Term 4 events for example Athletics, Graduation, Prize Giving, Pools trip, Rainbows End will have to be modified and will look a lot different. Whilst modifying the events is not our preferred option we have to follow directives from the Ministry of Education and display due diligence. Thank you for your cooperation and support with this.
I wish you all an enjoyable Labour Weekend.
Harcourts sausage sizzle 29th October
Thanks Harcourts, we look forward to a yummy lunch next friday.
A Message from Waihou Touch Committee.
Touch is only a week away and we are excited to be hitting the field.
Unfortunately, Covid restrictions (newly updated) have meant it may not be the same event you know from past years. BUT we are committed to giving our children a fun event to end the year on. 🏉
With the latest restrictions meaning we need to keep numbers under 100.
We have decided to make it clear what the rules are and what we need to do to make this event happen.
- Only students, manager and coach will be allowed on the field from each team.
- · In addition to this one nominated person from each school i.e. teacher, principal or parent delegate
- All coaches, managers, referees, committee members, volunteers or delegates will need to have the first vaccination. (This includes college student referees - we realise this may seem unfair but in our attempt to comply and keep everyone safe we feel college students are entering a new bubble with primary school children)
- We will have two separate fields which will have separate entrances/exits - no crossing over except through proper gates
- No entry until the teams prior have left the field
- Allocated helpers will be required for gate duty (to help with recording) please make this easy on us and put your hand up to help. We will set a roster.
- Spectators will not be allowed to enter the gates as the limit to numbers includes spectators – spectators are able to wait in their vehicles or in specific marked areas or alternatively the club rooms will be open – all of these will require social distancing to be observed.
- Please wear masks in the car park and when entering the club rooms and maintain social distancing of 1m
- A map will be posted on our facebook page with the draw showing entry and exit points.
Hopefully, this is all unnecessary and we move alert levels soon.
Ang, Fraser and the Waihou touch committee
Touch Rugby Update
As mentioned at the end of last term we have had a massive response from our boys and girls of all ages wanting to play touch this summer season. This year we will be fielding nine teams to incorporate 100 players!!! I would like to thank the group of parents that have come forward to manage teams, we are truly grateful. Now we require only one Under 13 Manager!
Please contact the school office or John Byers: email@example.com if you can manage an Under 13 Touch team or assist as a referee.
Your children have received a Touch Rugby notice today at school.
Thank you for your support.
Stanley Avenue School Enrolment Scheme
Details of pre-enrolment procedures and subsequent balloting procedures
The board advises that five spaces for new entrant students and five spaces for Years 1-8 students are likely to be available for the period of 26 October 2021 to 15th November 2021.
Applications close 9am, 26 October 2021. If the number of out-of-zone applications exceeds the number of places available, students will be selected by ballot. If a ballot for out-of-zone places is required, it will be held at 10am, 26 October 2021.
Application forms are available from our school office.
Phone 07 8848 479 or alternatively contact John Byers (Principal) on 021 138 1983
Calendar orders are due in by Friday 29th October
Payment can be made online 03 1573 0009816 00 or at the office with cash or eftpos.
The students are always very proud of their artwork and there are some amazing examples this year. These make great Christmas presents!
First Credit Union Banking will restart this term
If you wish for your child to take part, they can collect a starter pack from Mrs Hayes at the school office, which contains an application form that you can fill out and return. Banking will be collected from the school on the Thursday of each week.
Te Aroha Basketball Association 75th Reunion - Nov. 6
Plans are well underway and include Guest Speaker Dillon Boucher who is a past NZ representative and is the newly appointed Chief Executive of NZ Basketball.
We look forward to catching up with past players, coaches, and interested others. To register log onto Te Aroha Basketball Association then go to Events. Click on the reunion details to the registration page, OR go through Facebook.
Contact Us - Whakapā mai
Location: Stanley Avenue School Stanley Avenue, Te Aroha 3320, New Zealand
Phone: +64 7-884 8479