Week 5: Fall 2019
A Note From Your Directors
Staley Band Families,
ALL Band students: Mooyah Spirit Night on Tuesday! UNT Permission slips due on Friday, please see below for more details.
Beginning Band: Instruments are coming home this week on the student's block day!
Advanced Band: Please check in with your student to ensure they have turned in their canvas assignment each week.
-Mr. Wood, Ms. Hoffman, Mr. Martinez, & Mr. Seymour
Mooyah Spirit Night
Tuesday, Sep. 10th, 4-9pm
5170 Main Street
Make sure to mention you are "With The Band" and part of your receipt will be sent back to The Staley Band!
September Reward Event - UNT Symphonic Band Concert
For our September reward trip we are attending The University of Oklahoma's Symphonic Band Concert!
Who: Any 6th-8th grade band student who is passing all of their classes
When: September 26th from 5:40pm-9:45pm
Please click HERE for more information.
All students were given a permission slip on Friday and were told it is due NO LATER than Friday, September 13th! We will NOT be accepting late permission slips.
BB Instruments Coming Home!!!
Parents, thank you for being patient with this process! While the sounds you may be hearing now might not be what you are expecting, we promise it is worth it!..."The juice is worth the squeeze!"
All students should be referring to their class goals for practice items.
Below are some things you should be hearing during practice:
Beginners: Rhythm couning out of their 'Count Me In' book, Music ABC chants, Woodwind - Short Horn, Brass - mouthpiece buzzing. Perc - Rudiments from class
Concert - Scales, their ensemble, rhythms out of their 'Count Me In' book, and pep tunes
Honor - Scales, rhythms out of their 'Count Me In' book, and pep tunes
Symphonic - Scales, their all region music, their band music, and pep tunes
**All students should be practicing with a metronome to help them keep a steady beat! I have listed a few options below.
Android - Digital Metronome
Click HERE to access the Google Play store
Google - Metronome"
If you search 'Metronome' in google then it will pull up on a metronome on the search page!
Apple - Pro Metronome
Click HERE to access the apple store.
- Lessons play a vital role in the individual students success in band! Lesson are for the students who might be a little behind, and even for those who are excelling and would like an added enriching challenge.
- By visiting www.staleyband.org/lessons you will be taken to our web page to enroll in lessons.
- Once the form is completed, Ms. Hoffman will match you with the appropriate private instructor. Each private instructor is officially background checked with FISD.
We are eagerly waiting to hear back from a horn instructor.
Private Lesson Sponsorships
We have recently been made aware of a couple needs of full private lessons sponsorships, that should you be inclined to help, we would be grateful!
Lessons cost $20 per week and currently our BPA is able to sponsor up to $10 per lesson. The need currently would be for a full sponsorship of lessons for individual students.
Here is the breakdown of cost per semester for this school year:
- Fall 2019 - 14 weeks left at $20 per week: $280
- Spring 2020 - 19 week at $20 per week: $380
If you know of a business or individual wanting to donate to an organization that will have a direct effect on student success please put them in contact with Ms. Hoffman
Due to FERPA confidentiality reasons, we cannot give out student information for sponsorships but we promise any dollar donated will directly benefit a need we are aware of.
Band Parent Association: Volunteers NEEDED!
OPEN BOARD POSITIONS
- Concessions Coordinator: Don't want to do it alone? Grab a band parent friend and volunteer together! This position would be great for 2 people.
- Corporate Sponsorship
- Special Events: Main requirement is the Spring Concert Silent Auction
Please reach out to a director if you are interested in being on the board.
CONCESSION STAND HELP
We also need help with filling our concession stand with volunteers on our assigned nights! This is a big fundraiser for us and we cannot run it without volunteers!
Please click HERE for more information on dates/times and to sign up.
Follow Us On Social Media!
- Sept 10: Spirit Night Fundraiser (4pm-9pm) - Mooyah
- Sept 16: Adult Volunteers needed for football concessions
- Sept 17: Adult Volunteers needed for football concessions
- Sept 23: Band Fundraiser Begins
- Sept 25: Spirit Night - Whataburger @ Eldorado
- Sept 26: Social Event - UNT Symphonic Band Concert
- Oct 1: High School Marching Band Showcase @ The Star
- Oct 4: FHS Combined Night (AB Students Only)
- Oct 9: October Concert at FHS
- Oct 10: Social Event - Movie Party
- Oct 10: Spirit Night (11am - 9pm) - Cowboy Chicken
- Oct 15: Adult Volunteers needed for football concessions
- Oct 16: Adult volunteers needed for football concessions
- Oct 18: MHS Combined Night (AB Only)