MCS STAFF WELLNESS
APRIL 1, 2020
Included in this issue:
- Outdoor adventures to consider
- Teledoc options
- Stress Awareness month
- Emotional support
- Free counseling services available
- Employee Clinic update
Maryville College Woods
The woods at Maryville College are open and available for use. Park at the pavilion behind the gym. You can walk down the road toward the House in the Woods and find the trails. You will see a nice trail on your left as you walk in and also on the right as you near the house in the woods.
Google Maryville College Woods Trail Map to see how everything connects.
East Lakeshore Trail System near Greenback
The East Lakeshore Trail system at Tellico Lake is considered to be one of the most beautiful and accessible hiking trails in East Tennessee. The trail, which provides a recreational and educational experience, has been recognized by the Department of the Interior as a National Recreation Trail.
The 31-mile trail system consists of ten segments available for public use year round. Access to the trail is provided at eight trailheads with vehicle parking for 15 to 20 vehicles, and kiosks with maps and other information. Two boat landings are currently available for easy access by boaters wanting to hike northern parts of the trail.
The trail is open at all times and consists of ten different branches going north to south – Canal (1.5 miles), Baker Hollow (3.2), Davis Ferry (3.3), Glendale (2.8), Coytee Loop (2.4), Sinking Creek (4.5), Lotterdale (3.8), Jackson Bend (5.1), Morganton (3.1), and Wildcat Ridge spur trail (1.0).
For more information, visit TellicoWater.org.
Historical Area Near Maryville College
Park at First Baptist Church. Walk up Court Street for a couple of blocks, turn right and begin to weave your way block to block and look at the historic homes. Some have recently been restored and are amazing. This is a nice walkable neighborhood and you will be surprised to see the amazing homes from an era gone by.
Tennessee State Parks
State Parks in Tennessee are open for limited use. There are miles of trails and views in all of these parks. Don’t expect any services to be available and you might plan ahead for your food. Check ahead before your trip!
Go south on 411 to Vonore, turn left at the Sloan Center/-traffic light in Vonore.
Drive – keep driving – until you finally leave the pavement onto a gravel road.
You are now in the Citico Creek area. Drive upstream until you find a nice pull off to start exploring.
TELEDOC (FOR ANYONE ON MCS HEALTH INSURANCE)
Due to the high demand for health care nationwide, people are experiencing longer than usual wait times – both at in-person care sites in their communities and at Teladoc.
Tips from Teladoc to help you prepare:
- If you are new to using Teladoc, start by visiting our website for answers to frequently asked questions
- For fastest support, we encourage you to contact Teladoc by mobile app or web. Available in the App Store or Google Play.
- Before your first virtual visit, set up a Teladoc account and share your medical history on the app or on the account setup page.
- If you choose to call Teladoc, technology has been implemented technology to request a callback from a service representative to help register, request a visit, or get support rather than waiting on hold.
- After a visit request is initiated, you are encouraged to be available and ready to promptly answer our callbacks, as requests will be considered cancelled after two unanswered callback attempts by a doctor. In unique circumstances where a doctor is unable to connect with you after at least one callback attempt during a 10-hour period, we will cancel the visit request and communicate that change to you by email.
- We recognize that unexpected wait times can be frustrating, especially when you are not feeling well, so we have updated our phone, web, and app messaging to help you understand that we are experiencing higher than usual call volumes. On web and app, our wait time estimator helps you to anticipate the expected time for a callback from a doctor.
Stress happens. It can not only take a toll on your mental but physical health as well. Here are a few ideas to help unwind and reduce stress: take a walk, read a book, do yoga or meditate.
The Optum Emotional Support Help Line at 1-866-342-6892 is free of charge and available to anyone, so you can share it with family and friends. Caring professionals will connect people to resources. It is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
HELEN ROSS MCNABB offers free employee counseling
Services are free of charge and can be scheduled by contacting Shannon at Shannon.firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at the Helen Ross McNabb location in Maryville, 865-681-6990 ext. 3710.
Both in-person sessions and telehealth counseling services are available.
EMPLOYEE CLINIC UPDATE
Clinic Hours during the closure of Maryville City Schools' buildings:
- Monday - Friday 8:00 A.M. - 12:00 P.M.
- Monday - Thursday 8:00 A.M. - 12:00 P.M.
Call 983-0349 or via e-mail at email@example.com.