Rising Star OST
Snowmen-y laughs in JCPRD
Where do snowmen keep their money?
In a snowbank
What food do you get when you cross a snowman with a polar bear?
Early Dismissal at 12:30p, Friday, December 18th. We will be staying on site.
Mill Creek will be hosting winter break and share its space with Rising Star and Sunflower from December 21st-December 31st, 2015. Any child in SMSD Kindergarten-6th grade can enroll. There will only be 60 spots available. You can register on Monday, November 30th, 8:30am: call registration at 913.826.3014 or online at www.jcprd.com
Please look at the following codes for Mill Creek's specific site & dates. Times listed represent departure and return times to Mill Creek (children need to be at Mill Creek 30 minutes prior to departure):
Monday, December 21...........29872.........Staying on site
Tuesday, December 22...........29873........Paradise Park in Lee's Summit, MO 9:30a-4p, Children may bring extra money for the arcade, equivalent to Power Play's Fun Pass
Thursday, December 24..........29875.........Closed for SMSD Custodian holiday
Monday December 28...........29876..........Staying on Site
Tuesday, December 29..........29877..........Young Chefs Academy 1p-3:30p
Wednesday, December 30.....29904..........CoCo Keys Water Resort, kids need to bring a swimsuit and towel. 9:30-4p
Thursday, December 31.........29905.........Closed for SMSD Custodian holiday
All registered children will need to bring a sack lunch, water bottle, & a reading book or quiet activity daily (KEEP TECHNOLOGY DEVICES SAFE AT HOME). Money is optional for the trips on the 23rd and 24th.
Monday, January 4th is an All Day OST. Pajama Party. We will be staying on site. All kids will need to bring a sack lunch, water bottle, a reading book or other quiet activity (all technology devices should remain safe at home).
If your child(ren) will not be attending JCPRD OST please call, 913.438.9650, by 3p, or email firstname.lastname@example.org by 3p.
Please keep in mind that we open at 7am and close at 6pm. Late fees apply after 6p, a $1 per minute and will be strictly enforced.
THE BEST WINTER BREAK EVER
Smart Water and Fiji water bottles needed!
winter is coming...
SIGNING IN & OUT
Verifying Pick Ups-If we do not get a call, email, or note stating another person besides parents are not picking up, we will call to verify this. Please call the site number at 913.438.9650 if someone else is picking up your child(ren) so that our staff is informed and can attend to the kids.
Please remember to initial and time in and out your child(ren) daily.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
Friday, December 4th
Monday, January 4th
Friday, January 15th
Friday, January 29th
Friday, December 18th
During Winter Break:
Thursday, December 24th
Friday, December 25th
Thursday, December 31st
Friday, January 1st
All Day OST:
Monday, January 4th
- Snack: Commit to Health snacking with healthy alternatives, fresh fruits and veggies with delicious water.
- Homework/Reading time: After snack time your child(ren) can stay inside for our homework/reading time that will begin roughly at 4p and ends 4:30p. We encourage kids to work on homework but do not force them.
- Activities: We will provide clubs for kids to experience a wide range of activities. Some of the clubs include: Chess, Writing, Cooking, Art & Crafts, Kid Fit, and STEAM. As we progress through out the months, new clubs may be added.
- Outside/Gym Time: We believe it is essential for minds and bodies to have mental health breaks and join in on fitness breaks. Weather permitting we will go outside. JCPRD follows the Shawnee Mission school district’s weather policy. Please remember to have your child(ren) layer up and bring a jacket with their name labeled inside it. We will have structured activities for them to do during this time as well as free play.
- Check-Out: When you come to pick up your child(ren) please remember to WALK IN and SIGN THEM OUT. There is a late charge of a $1 per minute after 6:00pm