Teaching the Way of Jesus Christ
May 9, 2016
A Note from the Interim Principal
Fifteen school days to go... But who's counting? :)
As you can see in the next section, these three weeks are action-packed! Please be sure to sync your calendar with ours as we finish the year strong.
Dads, this is a busy week for you with Donuts tomorrow (Tuesday) morning and the 10th Annual Dad's Club Golf Class this Friday. Thanks for all you do to support our school!
Thursday, we invite all who have volunteered with our school to attend our 8:15 school Mass during which we will have a special blessing for our many volunteers.
Finally, this week culminates in the most wonderful celebration of all --- First Communion Mass for our 2nd graders. Please keep these students in your prayers throughout the week as they prepare for this exciting step. We anxiously look forward to next week's school Mass when our 2nd graders share the Eucharist with us.
- Monday, 5/9 - ACRE testing for 5th and 8th grades
- Tuesday, 5/10 - Donuts with Dad - 7:15 a.m. - 7:50 a.m.
- Tuesday, 5/10 - ACRE testing for 5th and 8th grades
- Wednesday, 5/11 - 5th Grade Field Trip to Boulevard Heights for Cultural Day - 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, 5/11 - 8th Grade Greek Festival
- Wednesday, 5/11 - PK4 Mother's Day Tea - 2:00 p.m.
- Thursday, 5/12 - Volunteer Appreciation Mass hosted by 5th grade - 8:15 a.m.
- Thursday, 5/12 - 7th & 8th grade field trip to Jewish Synagogue - 1:00 p.m.
- Friday, 5/13 - 10th Annual Golf Club Tournament
- Friday, 5/13 - 1st & 2nd Grade Fire Safety Presentation - 8:30 a.m.
- Saturday, 5/14 - 2nd Grade First Communion Mass
- Monday, 5/16 - Spirit Day Dress
- Thursday, 5/19 - Candle Mass - 8:15 a.m.
- Thursday, 5/19 - Pinning Ceremony and Reception
- Thursday, 5/19 - Sports Banquet - 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, 5/20 - Last Day of School for 8th Grade (Noon Dismissal for 8th grade only)
Saturday, 5/21 - Father Jeff 15th Anniversary Celebration in Life Center - 6:00 p.m.
Future Important Dates:
- Wednesday, 5/25 - NOON DISMISSAL
- Wednesday, 5/25 - 8th Grade Graduation - 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, 5/26 - Field Day - NOON DISMISSAL
- Friday, 5/27 - End of Year School Mass - 9:00 a.m.
- Friday, 5/27 - Recognition Ceremony in Church - 10:30 a.m.
- Friday, 5/27 - Last Day of School - NOON DISMISSAL
Save the Date for Donuts with Dad
Save the Date - Volunteer Appreciation Mass
10th Annual HFCS Dads' Club Golf Tournament - May 13th
Library Books Due!
All library books are due THIS FRIDAY, MAY 13th. Mrs. Yanger will be sending a sign up genius link regarding inventory and opportunities for parents to volunteer in the library.
Help Needed for Father Jeff's Ordination Anniversary
Next Saturday, May 21st, Father Jeff will celebrate 15 years of being a priest. This celebration will begin with 5:00 p.m. Mass followed by a dinner and program in Scantlin Hall. We need student help with the following:
- Greeters for before Mass
- Helpers to provide directions to Scantlin Hall after Mass
- Assistants at Dinner
All students helping need to be in formal uniform. If your student is able to help, please contact Mrs. Tucker at email@example.com.
Kindergarten Mother's Day Tea
Tech Buzz - Laptop Update
Spring Portraits Are Here!
Your child’s portrait package was sent home last week. Please take time to review your package and complete the following. Thank you if you’ve already done so.
1. Choose the portrait sheets you want, there is no obligation to buy but a portion of each purchase will be donated to the school. Other products are available and may be viewed at mylifetouch.com with your Portrait ID and Access Code.
2. Make payment online for all portrait sheets or additional products selected. Record your payment code on the envelope included in your portrait package and return it to your child’s teacher by Tuesday, May 10th.
3. Return any portrait sheets you don’t purchase to your child’s teacher by Tuesday, May 10th.
From Our HFCS PTO
YOUR PTO NEEDS YOU!
These positions are open:
* Next President – This person would participate in PTO leadership, be instrumental in planning for the future, and be the President in 2017-18.
* Focal Point -- Volunteers – serve as the focal point for those who need volunteers, keep volunteer lists, support volunteer needs and communication (be the funnel between school groups and events and the volunteers)
* Focal Point -- Hospitality – this is a knowledge and experience position. It would be very helpful to have someone who understands the church/school plant, rules, procedures, staff/roles, and how things are customarily done. This is not a person to set up for events. I am working on documenting how to do meals for teachers and staff to add to the Room Parent Guide. Other procedures could be added by this focal point.
Please give these prayerful consideration and phone or email me if you are interested in any of the open positions or have suggestions for other roles PTO should have. Also please contact me or a room parent if you have suggestions about events PTO held this year or any you would like to be considered for next year. Debra Geater; PTO@hfsfw.org; 817-701-9443
Thank you for Teacher Appreciation Week!
So many people to thank for our awesome Teacher Appreciation Week!
- Thank you to the Dad's Club who provided a delicious breakfast from the Corner Bakery Café on Monday!
- Thank you to PK3 and PK4 PTO's for our yummy Jason's Deli lunch on Tuesday!
- Thank you to the Ayala Family for our awesome La Playa Maya lunch on Wednesday!
- Thank you to the Salerno Family for treating our teachers to ice cream from Gypsy Scoops on Thursday!
- A special thank-you to Debra Geater and Mary Salerno for all their efforts all week.
- Thank you to the many families who dropped off delicious treats throughout the week. You all made the week so special. We feel appreciated!
Holy Family Alums Headed to the Softball Playoffs!
The Nolan Varsity Softball team won their big game Friday night advancing them to the TAPPS state playoffs in Sweeny, Texas this week. Former Hornets, Avery Boley, Peyton Fisher and Serenity Healy will be playing on this team. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers as they prepare for the big game!
The Nolan Varsity Softball team won their big game Friday night advancing
them to the TAPPS state playoffs in Sweeny, Texas this week. Former Hornets,
Avery Boley, Peyton Fisher and Serenity Healy will be playing on this team. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers as they prepare for the big game!
This summer, HFCS is installing a beautiful new feature on the southeast corner of the school building — the Holy Family Alumni Prayer Garden. In connection with the school’s ongoing 70th anniversary celebration, HFCS families and alumni, as well as all Holy Family parishioners, are invited to participate in this project. There are two ways to be a part of the Prayer Garden project:
(1) Sponsor a brick — Have your name, the name of a HFCS student or alumni, or another special message engraved on a brick in the garden walkway. To honor HFCS’s 70th year of Teaching the Way of Jesus Christ, you can reserve your brick today for $70.
(2) Put a name on the HFCS Wall of Service — Honor a beloved current or former HFCS teacher, administrator, volunteer, or anyone else who has impacted our children’s lives in the last 70 years by submitting their name for inclusion on the Wall of Service plaque that will be installed in the Prayer Garden ($20 per name).
Saint Andrew Wildcat Blast 5K
Extended Day for Last Week of School
The schedule for Extended Day for the last week of school is as follows:
- Monday--5/23-Regular morning/afternoon Extended Day
- Tuesday--5/24--Regular morning/afternoon Extended Day
- Wednesday--5/25--Regular morning Extended Day/ afternoon 12-5pm (please bring a lunch)
- Thursday--5/26--Regular morning Extended Day/afternoon 12-6pm (please bring a lunch)
- Friday--5/27--Regular morning Extended Day -- NO afternoon care
Monday and Tuesday will be billed at the end of each day. These fees need to be paid by Wednesday 5/25.
Wednesday through Friday must be prepaid. Use the form below and circle the sessions that your child will attend Extended Day. Attach payment and return the form to the Business Office no later than Friday May 20, 2016.
A separate form is needed for each student but payment may be combined.
Vacation Bible Camp
Three Camps in One: Pre-School 3 years – 5th grade
Middle School 6th -8th grade
June 13th -17th 9:00-12:00
Register at holyfamilyfw.org
(Look for “Seasonal – Cave Quest”)
Engineering and Fine Arts Summer Camps at Nolan Catholic
St. John's 5K and 15K
Attention all Nolan Catholic High School Families!
NCHS Project Graduation ‘17 is sponsoring the Annual Used Uniform Sale.
This is a great opportunity to purchase gently used Nolan uniforms at a discounted price and help us support the Project Graduation effort to offer fun and safe activities for graduating seniors in 2017. Mark your calendars and be ready to shop on June 9th, from 5pm--7pm in the NCHS Commons. Cash or check only. For more information please contact Kristin Pecot (firstname.lastname@example.org) Michelle Steining (email@example.com) or Sharon Hoffman (firstname.lastname@example.org)