InTheLoop @Lumberton BCS
Week of November 30, 2015
Editor Miss Debbie O'Brien, "Carpe Diem!"
PARKING LOT PROBLEM SOLVER
Message Board Lumberton Campus
1. Oz has put up our campus holiday tree! Please bring your student-made ornaments to him, so he can display them for everyone!
2.The First Marking Period Awards Breakfast will be held Dec 7th (Monday) at 10am! Teachers: please give Kelly your student award nominations the end of the day, today.
3. It's holiday cookie-tray time! See below for further details!
4. The Holiday show is next Thursday (December 10) at Main Campus.
5. Holiday Hoopla begins this week, with free jean days for staff on Fridays. This Friday: support your favorite sports team!
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
HOLIDAY COOKIE TRAYS 2015
As in past years, the Lumberton Culinary Arts Shop will be preparing holiday cookie trays.
Trays will consist of assorted cookies including chocolate chip, inside out chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, oatmeal cranberry, pumpkin, butter, raspberry butter, crescents, Italian wedding, pizzelles, raspberry bars, sugar, shortbread, cut-outs.
All orders must be placed no later than December 16rd. Please complete the form sent via email and turn it in to Mrs. Heather along with payment. No forms will be accepted without payment
No special orders or late orders will be accepted.
Trays will be ready for pick up from December 22-23rdTH.
LET IT SNOW!
Building Trades Project of the Month
Restored 1919 (5 Person) Flexible Flyer
Oak Steering Handle
Oak Cross Members
THE SUNSHINE CLUB IS BACK
Friendly Reminders on Incident Reporting:
* For Incident reports: In the subject line, include the student's first initial, last name, and date.
* When signing the report, please sign next to the signature box where you type your name.
*Incident reports are legal documents, and have the potential to become court documents. Please remember to do a spelling and grammar check.
*Submit incident reports by 2:30pm.
* Stick to the facts.
*Our suspension list is now on the Message Board. If a student is suspended, teachers will mark the student as absent, and the office will take care of marking it as a suspension.
*ABC Program: Students who wish to cash in their vouchers for fries in Smitty's Café will have to follow the procedure for requesting a meal (i.e. utilizing a voucher, getting approval and scheduling with Ms. Heather in advance).
Attendance - Books - Conduct
Challenge and expect more
Your students need to feel like their brains hurt when leaving your class. Sort of like when you work muscles in the gym and you become sore. Make the work rigorous!
Why should the students be interested in this lesson/activity or project? Make connections that are relevant to their lives.
This is being done well @Lumberton. We know that this piece is critical to reaching the diverse and unique population of students we serve.