Still Fighting War at Home
war veterans issues
this is whats happining
- about 20% of all homeless veterans are helped each year. This leaves over 400,000 homeless veterans without a place to eat or sleep every day
- Most homeless veterans are single males “The vast majority of homeless veterans (96%) are single males from poor, disadvantaged communities. (Veteran Homelessness Facts).
- 10% of amputees aren’t surviving there wounds.
Trying to Help
- According to “Triumph over Trauma” most of these organizations revolve around a sense of community to help veterans make the transition back to civilian life and to deal with their disease
- According to health benefits to receive health care as a veteran you must serve 24 consecutive months on active duty
- The department of Veterans Affairs is one of the leading organizations that helps veterans each year
- “Severe housing cost burden fell below the poverty level and 43% receive food stamps” (Veteran Homelessness Facts).