Onekawa School Newsletter
Week 4 Term 1, Friday 24 February
Kia ora Parents and Caregivers
It was really good to welcome back our children on Wednesday this week. It was our priority for us to open school as soon as possible to minimise the disruption to families and get children back into their usual routine. Our children appear to be happy back at school and it's been good to take their mind off the stress of the previous week.
Today, the newsletter includes lots of photos of children in action from the week.
As mentioned two weeks ago, parents are able to access the new school app 'Hero'. Instructions on how to get connected are included below.
With the 'Hero' app, parents can do the following:
- Report absences (much more easily than the previous app)
- Receive learning/celebration posts about your child (this replaces Seesaw)
- Receive notifications
- View the school calendar
- See a graphic of your child's attendance
- Access the school website (via link)
- Access our school policies website (user name: onekawa password: pipi)
- Receive urgent text messages from the school
In the coming months you will be able to make payments and view your school account balance. We will let you know when this feature becomes available.
If you have any issues, please make contact with us in the office.
Have a good weekend.
Nga mihi nui,
Click the link below to get instructions on how to download our new school app!
Logging into Hero - Information for Families
1. Download the Hero by LINC-ED app from the app store Note: use the keywords Hero LINC-ED when searching for the app Alternatively, open your browser and enter go .linc-ed.com 2. Enter your email address. This must be the email address you supplied to the school. 3. Click NEXT.