Dog Dynasty Daily
Our Quest for Academic Excellence...
HOW WE ARE HELPING OUR STUDENTS
We have many options in place to assist you in helping your child with any academic work. Listed below are some of the ways teachers and staff at Hamilton Junior High are available to help our students.
1. Conference/phone call to teacher. Call the school office to set up the conferences.
2. Email the teacher. All teacher emails are on the Hamilton ISD website. (www.hamiltonisd.org)
3. Use the Parent Portal to track your child's grades in EVERY class! Not set up? Call the office (386-8168) and Mrs. Franklin will walk you through the steps to use Parent Portal daily.
4. Morning ACE Classes - Our Hamilton Junior High Library is open each morning @ 7:00 a.m. We have several (usually 3) certified teachers available to help your child. In addition, students are allowed to use the computers for homework, work on math facts (xtramath.com), use Study Island, practice with Think Thru Math, or work with a teacher with hands-on lessons from our new Do The Math Now curriculum. This is a curriculum purchased by ACE to reinforce math foundations for students who may have fallen behind in math.
5. After School ACE Classes - Our Hamilton Junior High ACE group meets on Monday through Thursday from 3:30 until 5:30p.m. Students utilize the first hour of after school ACE for homework. Teachers are available to assist students with homework or use the computer labs.
6. Enrichment Class - This year our enrichment classes are last period. Students use this time for reading, UIL activities, Student Council Meetings. In addition, students who failed the previous year's STAAR test are given time for re-teaching or tutorials in the specific classes failed. This time is also used for our junior high and high school pep rallies.
7. Check the teacher's school website. This year, our teachers are posting each week's homework on their multimedia blog. You may access this by going to www.hamiltonisd.org and clicking on Faculty on the left. Select your child's teacher and look on their multimedia blog.
8. If you child is a 6th grader, request extra academic time for math or reading. Students can be pulled from physical education class two times per week. Check with your student's teacher for more information.
Communication with Parents and Students
We are communicating with parents in may different ways. Please connect with us also.
1. Hamilton ISD Website - www.hamiltonisd.org >Schools > Hamilton Junior High.
2. ISchoolBox App - This is a free app with calendar information about our campus.
3. Facebook - Like our page, Hamilton Junior High. We frequently post information here.
4. Remind101 for our Students and Parents - Send a text to (919) 648-4252. In the message type: @hjhstud We send out reminders to students and parents.