September 18 - September 23, 2016
Make your learning worthwhile!
September 21 (Reading)
September 28 (Math)
October 12 (Reading)
Please add your "burning questions" on my door in the office. Your questions will drive their instruction-- please make it worth your while!
Tell Title teachers when services will work for our kids!
Media Center Update
Oh what a difference a week makes! Ms. Smith has welcomed students into our new media center! Stay tuned for book checkout over the next few weeks.
Ms. Caitlin Theisen has been busy visiting classrooms and working with kids! If she hasn't visited your classroom yet, you're missing out. Thanks for your energy and enthusiasm, Ms. Theisen!
Janitors Who Rock
I'm not sure how long this bathroom door has been unable to close, my guess is a long time. Here's a shoutout to our hardworking custodians! Thanks for solving problems we didn't know we had and cleaning things we haven't even noticed. You help us shine!
Media Center Update
Custodial Please and Thank Yous
Please have your students pitch in to help make our school tidy and clean by:
- Bringing classroom garbage cans to the hallway (or near the door) to speed in classroom rubbish collection
- Flattening any boxes that need recycling (this is also a clue that the boxes are to be recycled, and not just holding supplies in your classroom)
- Doing a scrap collection challenges in the classroom and hallways
- Being responsible about food and beverage in the cafeteria
- Caitlin Thiesen says: "Thank you to all the teachers for being so generous and sharing their class time with me this week and in the weeks to come! It's wonderful to be able to have a presence and get to know the kids."
- Carol Kastonek who is, among other gleaming successes and innumerable lives touched, leaving Keewatin a legacy of functional spaces. Thank you!!
There is no way I can catch everyone doing good, as you're all busy as bees.
Please send me your kudos for next week's update.
Your feedback still needed!
The feedback that I receive is anonymous (does not allow me to trace you!) and I will use it for my own edification. I want to make sure that I can serve as an advocate at the district level for back to school programming that you find useful.
Please fill out the form below.
Parents' Smore Flyer for September
Please email me to add events for next week's news!
Monday! 9.19 Picture Day
9.19 4pm Parent-Teacher-Student Association (PTSA) meeting
9.19 ALL DAY International Talk Like a Pirate Day!
9.20 Volleyball HOME game
9.22 Volleyball HOME game
9.23 Volleyball players to watch UMD
9.24 Take a kid hunting weekend
9.27 Volleyball HOME game
9.29 Volleyball AWAY game, Littlefork/Big Falls
9.30 Lake trout season ends
Ms. Anne Olson-Reiners
Use your best judgement about contacting me during non-working hours. When I'm not at school, I am a full-time, all-hands-on-deck, as little screen time as possible, mom.