How Preschooler Make Friends
By: Areli Ramirez
How to help your Preschooler make friends
- Express openness to friendship
- Teach child to role-play
- Explain that they to eye-contact, warmly smile, and speak loudly so they can be heard.
Should and Should not do
- Be honest
- Don't get carried away with hugs and kisses to classmates
- Don't insist another to play with them
- Be respectful and responsible
- Respect friends decisions.
Rehearse Social situations with your Preschooler
- Role-Play for worrying situations such as:
- Play dates
- Visiting friends/relatives
- Doctors waiting room/hospital
- Younger children may be rather clingy at first and not want to leave your side for a split second.
- Never force your child to leave they will be more confident with time.
Teach Friendship skills to your Preschooler
- Learn how to relate with others
- Most want to have friends
- Children who have friends=self-confident and better academically in school than those without friends.